Go Like Hell

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
MATT DAMON WILL PLAY CARROLL SHELBY IN AN UPCOMING MOVIE ON FORD'S BATTLE AGAINST FERRARI
Christian Bale and Jon Bernthal will also star in the upcoming untitled film

JUNE 20, 2018

Ford’s classic battle against Ferrari will finally get the major motion picture treatment with Matt Damon positioned to play Carroll Shelby. Some might remember rumblings of this movie getting made in 2013 with Tom Cruise taking Shelby’s spot, but movie making sometimes isn’t exactly a seamless process.

“Logan” director James Mangold is currently tapped to direct the currently untitled Ford versus Ferrari biopic. Mangold isn’t the only superhero star to cross over to reality -- Christian Bale, of “Batman” fame, and Jon Bernthal from “The Punisher” TV series will also be involved. Bale will play racer and GT40 test driver Ken Miles, with Bernthal playing Lee Iacocca.

Adam Carolla's 24 hour war documentary review PRODUCTS 'The 24 Hour War' documentary reviewThere isn’t a better story in motorsport than Ford’s vengeful domination of the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 1966 through 1969. Anyone familiar with motorsport, Ford or Ferrari knows ...
The screenplay was originally based on A.J. Baime’s book “Go Like Hell,” but, like the movie’s stars, that has changed. Now, the screenplay will be penned by Jez and John-Henry Butterworth, with different source material. According to Variety, Baime’s book will still see life as a TV series.

We’re curious how this will pan out -- it seems to be full of A-List talent and in capable hands. Until it hits theaters, you can brush up on your Ford and Ferrari history by reading Baime’s book, or by watching “The 24 Hour War.”

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-lif...y-carroll-shelby-upcoming-movie#ixzz5J1GpCsWC

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome.. there was a rumor that when Brad Pit was at Lemans in 2016 he was doing research for a role in the movie.. can't wait !!

:pop:pop:pop

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I just cannot picture Matt Damon playing Shelby. I hope they find someone else.
andy (ajb)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Lots of people were there in2016 including Keeanu Reeves.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I just cannot picture Matt Damon playing Shelby. I hope they find someone else.
andy (ajb)

How about Matthew McConaughey? Also a fellow Texan, so there's that.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
“I just cannot picture Matt Damon playing Shelby. I hope they find someone else.
andy (ajb)
How about Matthew McConaughey? Also a fellow Texan, so there's that.“

:agree:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
From the description it sounds like a movie based on AJ Baime's book has been scrapped. The movie will be sourced from other material, and AJ's book will be the basis of a TV series. After seeing the series "The Alienist" Amazon and Netflix are now willing to make a multi-episode limited series (they used to call them miniseries) and give a subject a deeper treatment than a 2 hour theatrical production. If they do it right it will have a lot more of the material from Baime's book than the movie which will probably focus on only a small portion of the whole story.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
From the description it sounds like a movie based on AJ Baime's book has been scrapped. The movie will be sourced from other material, and AJ's book will be the basis of a TV series. After seeing the series "The Alienist" Amazon and Netflix are now willing to make a multi-episode limited series (they used to call them miniseries) and give a subject a deeper treatment than a 2 hour theatrical production. If they do it right it will have a lot more of the material from Baime's book than the movie which will probably focus on only a small portion of the whole story.

Interesting details. Thanks for sharing. I loved the book.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
“I just cannot picture Matt Damon playing Shelby. I hope they find someone else.
andy (ajb)
How about Matthew McConaughey? Also a fellow Texan, so there's that.“

:agree:

Our own “Special K” is an actor. As long as people believe Carol Shelby had a Cajun accent Kevin would be a great choice. I smell an Oscar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Never liked McConaughey since watching him act the fool totally miscast as the character "Dirk Pitt" from Clive Cussler's "Sahara". Can't picture him as Carroll Shelby, even if he is from Texas.