How come I don't see FGTs anymore on the street?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I believe you will start to see a “GT renaissance” in the next few years. I’m 38, and could only dream of owning a 2005 GT when they came out. I remember being 25, newly married, with a new born, and seeing Alan Jackson riding around in one on tv. I told myself that I would own a GT one day... Now it’s a reality, and I don’t think I’m the only one of my generation that had the same goal. These cars are being handed off to the next generation of owners, and they are not in it solely for the “investment.” I ignore the odometer and let the car take me wherever I want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And now I’m driving around in Alan Jackson’s GT, but it’s no longer his, it’s mine!!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So that’s where it ended up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
That’s pretty cool! Did he actually own one or was it only used for the commercial? Either way a great story!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You need another 100,000 or so. So far close to 6 times around the world .

I'm trying!!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
All a matter of timing. It was there when you weren't. Mine has been in a lot of places in the 31,000 miles I have driven. First is at 4 corners monument...4 states at once! The other is from one of Chip Beck's "Rally to the Rally" events. Don't miss this one! Gives you a chance to see one up ahead, or in the rearview...what other folks get to see when you're driving.

I remember that picture!