Shop recommendation for extensive work? Paint & Mods

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
If it were your car, where would you send a delivery mile GT to have a minimum of the work below done? I am going to try giving Rich/GT Guy a call tomorrow to see if he still does it all. Any other recommendations on shops? Or mods missing from the list?

Custom Paint
4.0L Whipple Supercharger/Tune
Accufab T/B
MAF
Carbon Fiber Dual Intake (can someone remind me who makes this intake?)
Trans Cooler
Short Throw Shifter
Exhaust - Ford Performance/Borla Catback with Borla longtube headers or the Ford Racing Rear Exit Headers
Rear bumper delete
Wheels/tires
Carbon fiber interior parts
Mirage Heritage Carbon Fiber Body Package
Seat Lowering Kit

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks like your friend found the car he was after- great! Might I suggest also lowering the car a smidge, either with the simple lowering perches, or better yet, the Scott Ahlman pieces (Ohlins). Oh yeah, and the GTG easy one-man clamshell release bar.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GT guys can do it all, the carbon fiber intake is theirs, the question is can you still buy all those parts?

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
www.m2kmotorsports.com

Every aspect of my experience with team Kevin and Mark was 5 of 5 stars.

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Pretty much nailed it but I would add Stillen front / rear splash guards and also the Ahlman Engineering Ohlin coil overs.

Ask Chip about your exhaust options. Headers are awesome but remove the cats. I have them going into a Ford Racing (Borla) muffler and sounds good. Anything less than a muffler (straight pipes or X-pipe) is NASCAR loud.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
GT Guys. And get the LOUDEST exhaust you can!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good recommendations above re mods. Ceramic coat the headers. I've had great results from Jet-Hot.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Beez, thanks for vote of confidence and if anything M2K Motorsports can do to help please let us know.

Mark or Kevin
M2K Motorsports 281_346_8114 shop

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty much nailed it but I would add Stillen front / rear splash guards and also the Ahlman Engineering Ohlin coil overs.

Ask Chip about your exhaust options. Headers are awesome but remove the cats. I have them going into a Ford Racing (Borla) muffler and sounds good. Anything less than a muffler (straight pipes or X-pipe) is NASCAR loud.

I have that exact exhaust setup on mine and Chip and I both think it is one of the best sounding combos out there.

Good recommendations above re mods. Ceramic coat the headers. I've had great results from Jet-Hot.

I sent my headers to Jet-Hot also for ceramic coating and agree that it's a must.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you for all the recommendations and PMs. Very helpful!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Rich. Period.

Mar 15, 2006
www.m2kmotorsports.com

Every aspect of my experience with team Kevin and Mark was 5 of 5 stars.

Agreed, go see Kevin and Mark.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Rich Roback is close to Scottsdale. It's a slam dunk. Give him a call. GT owners from far away as Canada have him work on their GTs. Many forum members can vouch for him.

Ed

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Hi Nate, I just came across your list and I actually have had the GT Guys do many of those mods for me as well as keep many of them on the horizon and I've been thrilled with the work and outcome. I'll send along a PM also to connect.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Another nod for Rich at GT Guy.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Can we still get Short Shift Kits ?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rich GT GUYS

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Try here:

https://core-shifters.com/collections/ford-gt

Can we still get Short Shift Kits ?

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thank you very much, Specracer, just ordered one !!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
A lot of people like the short shift kits. I don't. It not only shortens the throws, but increases the effort proportionately, and I think it leads to more missed shifts. I happen to think the original shifter was an excellent compromise between shift throw and effort.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I've never had any issues with my short shifter. On since car was almost new. Reverse is a little hard to get into, but otherwise smooth as butter. GT Guys put mine in almost 12 years ago now with 37 K miles.