What have you learned about your NGT today??

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
That milage is very impressive nice to see fellow forum members that use and driver these wonderful machines. Every time I drive my 2006 GT it not only gives me pleasure but also gives the people on the road great please sure as they take pictures and look at the car. I love the special feeling it gives people on the road!!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I discovered today that the seat bottom mesh pocket on the 05, is more useful than the storage compartment forward of the front seat. At least for me, to hold a phone.

Ugh yea
Yes thank goodness for that spot. Works on the track well too. When I’m chasing you down.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Had no idea there were mandated stickers on the inside of the rear bonnet.

Attachments

• 20180810_180633.jpg
    20180810_180633.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 283

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
You guys with your NGT
Mileage check in time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tom:
--My car now has 4886 miles on the ODO.
--I tracked all my gas fill ups and mileage on the trip down to Road Atlanta and back to Detroit . Used paper and pencil method and not the trip
computer in the vehicle.
-- fuel economy was 19.69 MPG (US). Mostly expressway but many times WAY over 100 MPH.!
-- I have not driven the vehicle since then. It is in for service.

andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This fall has been terrible in the north east, we are something like 10"+ over avg of rain. Has pretty much killed driving of anything fun. probably stuck at 12xx until 2019

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Andy ,
agree .
Atlanta was my last drive .
Snow soon.

andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Still a newbie here... still trying to finish my break-in miles... just hit 260. Ready for a road trip to finish them off. What an awesome ride! Thanks you Ford for building this beast!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Please send some of your inclement weather to socal,
bone dry here:biggrin

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
remember -- in 12 -13 hours you can do 800-900 miles...
Break in ---DONE !!
AJB (andy)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
1246 miles. Mostly highway. Every trip has averaged around 22.5 mpg doing speed limit plus 7.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
1246 miles. Mostly highway. Every trip has averaged around 22.5 mpg doing speed limit plus 7.

You need to climb higher to get better fuel economy. LOL

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
9507 kms. 5907 miles. But haven't given up yet. Hopefully a few more good days left.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
You need to climb higher to get better fuel economy. LOL

This car is the closest thing to a jet. Lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Installed new ctek battery terminal charger wires. No more alligator clamps. Installed radar detector mount and working on jumper cable for power.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
This fall has been terrible in the north east, we are something like 10"+ over avg of rain. Has pretty much killed driving of anything fun. probably stuck at 12xx until 2019

I died working in the yard Sunday. It was 80˚ & it should've cooled down a while ago. I hope we get rain soon or it'll be another drought. Nice weather every day is not what it's drummed up to be. You guys are lucky.

Ed

Cobraguy

GT Owner
-8’ C here today. No snow on the ground so no gravel laid down yet. I spent the weekend detailing the gt in preparation for winter storage but with this balmy weather I think I’ll keep driving it for a while yet!
Ed...you have a beautiful ,refreshing pool...jus’ sayin’!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As many of you have heard me say “Everytime I drive my New GT I learn something new”. Well yesterday was no different as I traveled to The Car Culture Christmas Show in Houston. As everyone knows the GT is very close especially when your carrying Christmas presents with your wife to a show as you get her situated in the GT then start packing around her packages, I pad, cell phones, remote charger and camera. I backed out of my building and pulled up in front then had to go back in the man cave, pull the rear door down, turn off the lights,set the alarm and lock the door and off we went to Houston. Stay with me now! Upon arriving at the we were placed as posted pictures shown in another post “Center Stage” with David Rowan’s new Carbon Fiber lightweight GT.
When I got out of the GT after parking in a very difficult spot I helped Sue out with all the packages and gear and turned the engine off. When I started looking for the GT keys in my pocket, in both seats and in front of themI realized I DID HAVE THEM ON ME OR IN THE GT!!!!! I got back in the GT and hit the starter and NOTHING HAPPENED! OH Shit! How did I get there without the keys crossed my mind! Now What? Where were they? Where did I leave them and again how did the GT let me drive 31 miles without having the keys?
At that moment I realized I had to go back to my building and find the keys and return to Houston as I nor anyone else could move my GT from its position. A close friend showed up and said “here’s my keys, you can use my car to go back and find them”. When I go to my Building 40 minutes later there they were next to my front door on a display case glowing in the dark and asking “Why Did You Leave Me, You Dumb Ass”. Back to the show in 40 minutes and everything was fine and I learned another fact about the New GT! As I arrived back at the show David and Roz met me and Roz, in her English accent said “Tomy you are a TWIT” , must be an English expression! I’ve been called worse, even by my wife Sue!
If this has happened to you never admit it and remember it CAN HAPPEN and did with no warning, buzzer or read out appearing! Hope this helps my friends out in future ownership adventures ahead. As I approach another trip around the Sun this next I’m preparing for my next adventure in my Girl #H045.

Attachments

• 8A5F5588-BBD1-43A2-8F12-93F385C6B8F4.jpeg
    8A5F5588-BBD1-43A2-8F12-93F385C6B8F4.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 100

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow! Heidi's Flex chimes when you try & take key away from car while engine is running.

Ed

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Is that a "feature" of just the GT or do other new Ford vehicles behave the same?