What have you learned about your NGT today??

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
MUCH shorter! Almost comedic. 05-06 are about 4", NGT the bottom edge has a curve, so the extension is 2" at edges, 2 1/2" at the center. With the rake of the windshield, their stowed position is actually pushed forward.

Potential cost savings for MultiMatic. Just go to a tint band/windshield header graphic and call it a day.

FMVSS mandate?? If so, same category as non-utility undersized floormats.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Works for me!

Attachments

• 9A779273-C3B1-4D4B-83A0-C7FAF51BC9C9.jpg
    9A779273-C3B1-4D4B-83A0-C7FAF51BC9C9.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 262

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I recently purchased hinged tinted visor extension...at a Loves truck stop no less..not on the GT yet. But soon I hope.

Way back when, I complained to Jamal about the poor visor, his response was he was too tall to be able to use it. I am, however, 1) not too tall and 2) have spent hundreds of hours driving into the sun that I clipped exposed x-ray film to cover the area between the a pillar and the end of the visor. a bit crude but it works.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I recently purchased hinged tinted visor extension...at a Loves truck stop no less..not on the GT yet. But soon I hope. Way back when, I complained to Jamal about the poor visor, his response was he was too tall to be able to use it. I am, however, 1) not too tall and 2) have spent hundreds of hours driving into the sun that I clipped exposed x-ray film to cover the area between the a pillar and the end of the visor. a bit crude but it works.

PL510*Jeff - when are you installing the Spam can ash tray like the GT had at one of the rallies?

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Liquid Blue , H0098 . Backfire. In sport mode, manual paddle shifting, 1500 miles on the ODO.
when shifting at 5000 RPM between 2-3, 3-4, 4-5th, I get a loud backfire noise from the exhaust .
anyone experience this ? I don't think it is an issue. Comments. Cannot tell if it is throwing flame. andy (ajb)

I love that sound! I hope mine does that.

Ed

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
PL510*Jeff - when are you installing the Spam can ash tray like the GT had at one of the rallies?

Ed

:lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Ed

Not too soon. That's new to me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Not too soon. That's new to me.

It was the fella from Hawaii that Hilo Dave knew. He had more than quite a few add ons to his GT. I think he even had your visor extensions!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It was the fella from Hawaii that Hilo Dave knew. He had more than quite a few add ons to his GT. I think he even had your visor extensions!

Ed

This guy. ..? :biggrin

Attachments

• 20150828_225959.jpg
    20150828_225959.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yup! My favorite add-on was the crash bar/deer protectors on the front.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Car has sun visors, but not very effective (they are the shortest visors I've ever seen). Make sure to have sunglasses.

Spirited braking will dump a lot of the rocks that get stuck in front of DBK's screens.

They are short but they are affective. I think it's the height of the driver seating position that will make the difference. The roof line is so low if they are any longer they would block your normal line of site.

Usually the sitting position is based on a average height. I would say the vision angle to the bottom of the visor is not much higher than a normal vehicle. .
But like Andy I have shown my passengers and made light of their small size..:biggrin..

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about wearing sun glasses?

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I discovered today that the seat bottom mesh pocket on the 05, is more useful than the storage compartment forward of the front seat. At least for me, to hold a phone.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Margaret showed me the "cell phone slot" in the center console , forward up under the IP. Holds the phone almost vertical.
ajb(andy)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My phone doesnt fit. (Galaxy S9+).

"cell phone slot" in the center console , forward up under the IP.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
They are short but they are affective. I think it's the height of the driver seating position that will make the difference. The roof line is so low if they are any longer they would block your normal line of site.

Usually the sitting position is based on a average height. I would say the vision angle to the bottom of the visor is not much higher than a normal vehicle. .
But like Andy I have shown my passengers and made light of their small size..:biggrin..
Remember, we're talkin' about Jeff here...:wink

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Margaret showed me the "cell phone slot" in the center console , forward up under the IP. Holds the phone almost vertical.
ajb(andy)
In the '05? Not sure what you're talking about. I usually prop mine in front of the gauges behind the switches. Good visibility, but it blocks the lower part of the small gauges, and I can't mash the throttle or it will land on the center console or between it and the seat. For distance cruizin' it's a great spot.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No, this is the NGT section. There is a slot just behind the key platform just under the USB ports on the NGT.

And you should use the mesh pocket, the phone will stay planted even under track conditions. Only downside, is you dont see it, so you will forget it in the car.

In the '05? Not sure what you're talking about

Last edited:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
She likes bath time! LOL

Attachments

• 000806C4-746A-4F56-8C35-A5978EBDD94D.jpg
    000806C4-746A-4F56-8C35-A5978EBDD94D.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 206

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
No, this is the NGT section. There is a slot just behind the key platform just under the USB ports on the NGT.

And you should use the mesh pocket, the phone will stay planted even under track conditions. Only downside, is you dont see it, so you will forget it in the car.
Andy's comment followed yours on the mesh pocket in the '05, so I wasn't sure. Anyhoo, yes I use the mesh pocket for my sunglass case, or the radar detector when it's not in use.

I have a 2-cup holder that I got at AutoZone for $6 that stuffs between the passenger seat and center console and I put my cell phone there if I'm gonna be yankin' & bankin'. But I like to see it in my line of sight if I'm using it for GPS or other apps. One of these days I'll figure out how to anchor more securely. Since I have a Speedhut full panel, I don't mind attaching stuff to it. The cupholder might also work in the NGT (to stay related to this thread).