What have you learned about your NGT today??

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Actually if its cold enough, ~40 degrees for example, it will bounce off the rev limiter around that RPM.
a few years ago I tried buying a audi R8 v10 and i took it out for a test drive and every time I tried to rev past 4K rpm it would fall flat on its face, naturally I thought there was something wrong with the car the dealer had no answer when i asked him about it so i passed on the car then months later the dealer sent me info regarding cold engine and how there will be a rev limiter while the engine is warming up.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Step on the gas Magic...mine worked just fine yesterday. Or let Susan drive it.
OK, I took Mike's advice and had Susan drive it like she stole it yesterday (Not!). I can confirm that in manual shift mode the lights do come on, so case closed.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I bought the Titanium exhaust from Milliken Ford and installed it yesterday. Here are my learnings:
- when removing the rear diffuser, the shop manual has some deficiencies such as showing 5 wheel liner pins to remove. There are 7 on each side
- the shop manual says to disconnect the rear back up lights after removing the diffuser. NOT! Disconnect the reversing lights' electrical connections per the shop manual, and then use trim tool to pop out push pins holding the reversing light wires away from the muffler so they don't melt. If you remove all the diffuser bolts before this it will be extremely difficult to get them out, and you may pull the wires out of their connectors to the reversing lights.
- the shop manual does not tell you to unplug the rear camera wire. This was a challenge as even with the diffuser dropped you need slender fingers and a good grip to disconnect.

PERHAPS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT LEARNING WAS THAT THERE WAS A LOT OF GRAVEL AND GRASS INSIDE. Most of the grass and some small leaves and bugs were piled up around the rear camera and on the inside of the vents in the bumper cover. Not sure if during driving the grass would fly around in there, but I was concerned about how much had collected in only 2400 miles. Potential fire hazard given the proximity to the muffler and tailpipes?

I looked and found that there were gaps in the rear brake scoops that would let all that stuff get in there. There is a wire mesh screen inside the scoop but on one there was about a 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the screen and the scoop body. A little black duct tape solved that problem. Not sure if my car is the only one that has this issue, but given how the scoop and screen are fitted, I expect more have the problem. Here is a picture of it. IMG_3986.JPGIMG_3986.JPG

Reactions: Ed Sims and maxemus

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
OK, I took Mike's advice and had Susan drive it like she stole it yesterday (Not!). I can confirm that in manual shift mode the lights do come on, so case closed.
The lesson here is drive in manual!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Well I learned today that the max weight for combined occupants is 331lbs!!!
I guess there’s a lot of friends that won’t be getting rides!

Attachments

• 7494107F-EC4E-4EA9-BDE6-81F80BB86451.jpeg
    7494107F-EC4E-4EA9-BDE6-81F80BB86451.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Ed Sims

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
If thats the case I can only bring my dog in the car with me

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
At least you will be in good company!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Well I learned today that the max weight for combined occupants is 331lbs!!!
I guess there’s a lot of friends that won’t be getting rides!
They put in more weight than that in the factory for the purposes of alignment (360lbs I believe).

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Maybe 360lbs, but the car is not bouncing down the street.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
GTjack, Black Duct Tape? Are you a redneck? LOL

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Not a redneck, but I do live in the Ozarks. Its hard to see even when the car is on the lift. I could not figure out how to get a fit without putting screws through the bottom of the scoop or duct tape. Finding black here is a challenge. Lots of 'camo' though. I should have taken a picture when I took off the diffuser but did not think of it until after I cleaned it. It was a lot!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
At least you will be in good company!
LOL! You are right!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GTjack, Black Duct Tape? Are you a redneck?
He's from Missouri!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I learned that the air conditioner leaks water from condensation & ends up on the passenger side door lower panel.

Ed

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Yesterday, car outside , freak , quick , heavy downpour! First time car in rain! Engine bay soaked with CF rear window! Also opened up door and water poured out the front lower door! Wonder what happened at MM in water test! Where does the water go from engine bay with all the panels on the bottom? Seems to be a “fair weather” car!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yesterday, car outside , freak , quick , heavy downpour! First time car in rain! Engine bay soaked with CF rear window! Also opened up door and water poured out the front lower door! Wonder what happened at MM in water test! Where does the water go from engine bay with all the panels on the bottom? Seems to be a “fair weather” car!

The engine bay hatch is vented on the sides and the lower edge. Water can get in the engine bay under certain conditions. Don’t worry about it. It won’t hurt anything. The car was designed to handle this. Dry it off.

As for the door, there is a weep hole at the bottom leading edge to drain water (see picture). The door shell would fill up with water if your door didn’t drain. It’s designed to drain when you open the door. Like all cars, the side window bottom weatherstripping doesn’t make the door shell watertight.

35D61209-711A-444C-894F-437FADF79A01.jpeg

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
He's from Missouri!

Ed

OK, so what do they call people in Missouri who patch their cars together with duct tape? LOL

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I drove in the rain and my car got wet. True story!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I should’ve added that the engine bay hatch has no weatherstripping either, by design.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
OK, so what do they call people in Missouri who patch their cars together with duct tape? LOL
Innovative, clever, frugal, good looking, ……..