What have you learned about your NGT today??

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I drove it yesterday in manual shift both in sport mode and in normal mode. No shift lights coming on!! I'll have to add this to my dealer check list when I take it in. I guess I need to check the cruise control too to see if it is working as it should.
come to think of it I dont think I have ever seem mine coming on either. I dont even see them come on when turning the car on or off or making menu changes.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
come to think of it I dont think I have ever seem mine coming on either. I dont even see them come on when turning the car on or off or making menu changes.
Mine do flash on and off when I make the menu change between auto, always on and off.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Mine do flash on and off when I make the menu change between auto, always on and off.
Ill go check it out later on today after work see if i can get them to work

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Did you run up into high rpm range?
I also though I had a problem with cruise control as it is finicky but figured it out. Need to hold it down for a bit and cant be accelerating when you are trying to set. I was scheduled to send mine in to be checked also but took it back out and finally got it working.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
has anyone looked into this in the Owners Manual ? What does it say ?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
We have cruise control?

Ed

Sometimes.

Reactions: Ed Sims and Apollo

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I just looked again at the manual and if I understand correctly the the led doesn't start till you reach 5800 RPM in 1st - 3rd gear or 6100 RPM in 4th - 7th gear.

I need to go back now and make sure I'm above those RPMs when testing. I'll report back next week.

Thanks Andy.

Reactions: Ed Sims

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I just looked again at the manual and if I understand correctly the the led doesn't start till you reach 5800 RPM in 1st - 3rd gear or 6100 RPM in 4th - 7th gear.

I need to go back now and make sure I'm above those RPMs when testing. I'll report back next week.

Thanks Andy.
That's probably right. Mine only comes on at high rpms with foot down hard!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Did you rev it to Red line?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Easy test for shift lights
put in automatic at least first time as it revs up very quick
Launch control on
brake on
foot to floor
boost up
Let off brake and hold on tight.(y):)

Reactions: Button and Ed Sims

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I find that on track, if you don’t shift when that first blue light comes on, you’ll hit the rev limiter. The engine revs so quickly in track mode that waiting til all the blues are on often results in a cough-cough just as it changes gear. To me, the shift lights are 100% why I drive in manual (so much fun) - that and the fact that auto-mode on track in this car is simply hopeless.

Reactions: GKW05GT

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I learned from following Shmee around Florida for a day that Euro-spec taillights are considerably different that US spec.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I learned from following Shmee around Florida for a day that Euro-spec taillights are considerably different that US spec.

How so?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
When you brake, only half the tail light lights up inside from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock. When you use your turn signal outside 6 o’clock - 12 o’clock lights up in amber.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ah. Thank you.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana

Thanks Andy.
Step on the gas Magic...mine worked just fine yesterday. Or let Susan drive it.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
This may already have been posted, but I learned yesterday that if you go over 3000rpm on a cold engine the tachometer turns red

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If I’m running my car before optimum running temperature. I use W mode
Also known as Wet mode or Wife mode!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Actually if its cold enough, ~40 degrees for example, it will bounce off the rev limiter around that RPM.

This may already have been posted, but I learned yesterday that if you go over 3000rpm on a cold engine the tachometer turns red

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Wait....there’s an owners manual? I don’t remember getting one?