Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir! With Shawn & Fred!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Nice. Me and Suzanne will be there as well. We will all have to meet up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
42542400631_dd2452d541_b.jpg

42542398491_7b51e22fa6_b.jpg

28668814728_5f3d3d9391_b.jpg

40734023300_c3ff7e2106_b.jpg

28668809758_110c16e3de_b.jpg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I always enjoy going to races with Porsche and just Porsche events in general. There's something great about the army of Porsche enthusiasts in their 911s, Caymans, 914s, whatever. You go a race, you will chat with Frank Steffen-Walliser. You will chat with David Donohue. You may have a drink with PCNA's marketing VP (who coincidentally came from Ford). They may put gum in your cake for showing up in an Ecoboost jacket (true story). :lol

You can't even buy a Ford GT team shirt at the Rolex 24, the largest sportscar event in North America, because Ford leaves the decision up to Versacomm, who then decides "meh, it's not worth our time." Random Ford fans ask "Hey man! Where can I get that Ford GT jacket?" "France. And you're going to need a time machine in order to get to 2016." If I hadn't gate crashed the "Mustang" corral with the GT this year, it would have been 4 Mustangs...You know how this works.

They were selling the Chip Ganassi Ford GT jackets and FGT polo shirts at the Detroit Grand Prix this weekend. There was nothing Ford that I saw at this event except for a small clothing Ford Performance booth.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Low travel cost from Southgate to Detroit.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Megan and Ryan were in Detroit with their 'Ford GT and Ford Performance' shirts and jackets. !
Justin Bell interviewed Megan at the race. Ryan and Megan got a pic with Scott Dixon on the winners circle --- in ''Ford GT garb'.
I think folks wondered "who are these Ford People at our GM event ??"

Looking forward to all the pictures from LeMans…. Nice to see the Ford GT's in the pics.
andy (ajb)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I ordered two new “Chip Ganassi - Ford GT” team polos last week; via a link DBK posted. It took a total of 4 days to receive my order and it was correct when it arrived. I’ll be wearing them at Le Mans 2018.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
As it gets closer I am wishing I was going to LM. The photos are amazing. It will be a great race (if the BOP is in our favor).

Ed

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Agreed 1000%. The Porsche hospitality and the access you have with various Porsche executives and race drivers are just fantastic.

I attended Le Mans with Porsche two years in a row and I tried to buy a Ford GT jacket last year at Le Mans, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I always enjoy going to races with Porsche and just Porsche events in general. There's something great about the army of Porsche enthusiasts in their 911s, Caymans, 914s, whatever. You go a race, you will chat with Frank Steffen-Walliser. You will chat with David Donohue. You may have a drink with PCNA's marketing VP (who coincidentally came from Ford). They may put gum in your cake for showing up in an Ecoboost jacket (true story). :lol

You can't even buy a Ford GT team shirt at the Rolex 24, the largest sportscar event in North America, because Ford leaves the decision up to Versacomm, who then decides "meh, it's not worth our time." Random Ford fans ask "Hey man! Where can I get that Ford GT jacket?" "France. And you're going to need a time machine in order to get to 2016." If I hadn't gate crashed the "Mustang" corral with the GT this year, it would have been 4 Mustangs...You know how this works.

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Nice. Me and Suzanne will be there as well. We will all have to meet up.

Yep we'll have to find each other. It's gonna be a great time (again).

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Getting Ready for LeMans: https://www./FordPerformance/videos/10156236649563820/

Two years attending the Race, I still can’t believe Ford decided to eliminate the Hospitality Suite and Attendee Program for this year. Very disappointed!

+1 ... going to miss hanging out in the suite with everyone...

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
They were selling the Chip Ganassi Ford GT jackets and FGT polo shirts at the Detroit Grand Prix this weekend. There was nothing Ford that I saw at this event except for a small clothing Ford Performance booth.

The new team stuff or the old Dark Blue gear ?? I order my from across the pond,,,

DBK keep the pictures coming !!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Wish I was joining you guys... well, maybe next year!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I agree with Stormcat. I will Miss seeing everyone like we did in 2016, but love seeing the pictures!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
The new team stuff or the old Dark Blue gear ?? I order my from across the pond,,,

DBK keep the pictures coming !!

2016 gear, new stuff.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What is the new stuff?? Any links?

new stuff.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
For those of us relegated to watching the event on TV, here’s the global network coverages.

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/...ns/tv-distribution-24-heures-du-mans-2018.pdf

Start a write-in thread (to Edsel?) for restoring the Ford Hospitality suite in 2019? Surely somebody cares about the LOYAL FORD Racing contingent! :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm gonna talk to some people while I'm over and see what I can do. That was the whole reason I went in 2015. The reality is, it's just a *beyond* long shot at this point. The price of doing anything involving the ACO is extremely punitive. The $5k per person last year doesn't even come close to covering the hospitality cost. It barely covers the trackside dirt patch.

Then I will retire to ze Porsche hospitality. Great, another year wearing multiple layers of clothing :lol

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
For those of us relegated to watching the event on TV, here’s the global network coverages.

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/...ns/tv-distribution-24-heures-du-mans-2018.pdf

Start a write-in thread (to Edsel?) for restoring the Ford Hospitality suite in 2019? Surely somebody cares about the LOYAL FORD Racing contingent! :wink

Thanks family vacation in Santa Rosa beach will be there in spirit and on internet

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm gonna talk to some people while I'm over and see what I can do. That was the whole reason I went in 2015. The reality is, it's just a *beyond* long shot at this point. The price of doing anything involving the ACO is extremely punitive. The $5k per person last year doesn't even come close to covering the hospitality cost. It barely covers the trackside dirt patch.

Then I will retire to ze Porsche hospitality. Great, another year wearing multiple layers of clothing :lol

I've gotten the stink eye at Daytona and COTA for walking into the PorschePlatz with FGT clothing on. Pulled out my PCA card and went about my business.