Anybody taking their NFGT to Le Mans this year?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Any Yanks flying their cars over to the UK and driving to France?
I might drive down from Denmark - still working out the details.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I talked about it briefly with DBK. We were all cool with some inevitable wear and tear to our old GT’s when we shipped them over two years ago. Fixing shipping damage on the new GT’s and having them out of sight for a couple months is a bit too much though. I was willing to give it a go if we had a solid group like we had in 2016 but I have no interest in doing it solo. So the short answer is no. Cheers.

Chip

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I talked about it briefly with DBK. We were all cool with some inevitable wear and tear to our old GT’s when we shipped them over two years ago. Fixing shipping damage on the new GT’s and having them out of sight for a couple months is a bit too much though. I was willing to give it a go if we had a solid group like we had in 2016 but I have no interest in doing it solo. So the short answer is no. Cheers.

Chip
I’m up for it next year when I will have mine. The big challenge with a European tour in a NFGT will be the need for a chase vehicle to carry everyone’s luggage. However, it would be a hoot to do Europe again.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I’m up for it next year when I will have mine. The big challenge with a European tour in a NFGT will be the need for a chase vehicle to carry everyone’s luggage. However, it would be a hoot to do Europe again.

I can drive the chase van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Chip

I would consider it next year if Ford would do the Suite thing again .. I know that is an big expense for Ford so maybe they can just up the cost to the participants.. . The last year so let's do it right !! :biggrin

TrickGT

Oct 15, 2005
No need for a chase van for luggage - haha

a3f43463ec82e5edeaf578de44de3ddb.jpg

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I would consider it next year if Ford would do the Suite thing again .. I know that is an big expense for Ford so maybe they can just up the cost to the participants.. . The last year so let's do it right !! :biggrin

I would send my 2005 GT to Le Mans if Ford did a final year hospitality tent.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
No need for a chase van for luggage - haha

a3f43463ec82e5edeaf578de44de3ddb.jpg

Good morning.

Excuse me, if my question is ridiculous.

Looking for a solution to travel with my NFGT and luggage, I would like to know if the wheelchair and the suitcase fixed on the roof of the car by suction cups, are a reality or a joke.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good morning.

Excuse me, if my question is ridiculous.

Looking for a solution to travel with my NFGT and luggage, I would like to know if the wheelchair and the suitcase fixed on the roof of the car by suction cups, are a reality or a joke.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

No it's not a joke :)

I use www.seasucker.com products. They can hold a mountain bike on the roof of a car so I thought they would be able to hold my wheelchair and suitcase. I bought a Samsonite case and simply drilled holes in the buttom a mounted the vacuum cups.

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Inspirational Jason. You have a gift for thinking outside the box getting to your goals. I truly feel your competition is at a disadvantage on a race track. :lol

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hi Jason.

I thank you for your response, and I congratulate you on your freedom with the «*conventions*».

The lack of ability to travel with luggage such as a toiletry bag, change of clothes and a jacket for evening dinner was already a problem with the FGT 2005. Under the pressure of his wife, and for this reason, one of my friends yet passionate has sold his car.
On my 2005, I already solved the problem by advancing the seats and tinkering with adapted luggage (Photos in a row). I am totally satisfied.

For 7080, the problem is even more acute. I plan to try to do more or less the same thing, noting that, although tall, to be very comfortable, I back the steering wheel and pedals about 15 cm.
The idea is to try to make a modification to advance the seat 15 cm, and clear behind the backrest, a space for luggage.
Obviously, this modification must be reversible.

It seems complicated, and I do not know if I'll do it. If someone has already done so, thank you in advance for sharing.

If I can not do it, I will take up your idea again, but with a suitcase I will try to draw in a suitable form, and painted in white and blue stripes.

Good trip around Europe.

Best regards.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Roof rack amazing! Truly inspiring!!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Saint Ho, they make rooftop carriers that may meet your needs. https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Roof_Box.aspx