WTB: Black or yellow FGT

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Looking for a FGT with some miles on clock, prefer black or yellow. I would look at another colour but it would have to be a steal of a deal.
Has to be in perfect condition as I am a perfectionist. I know this will take some time, as I am willing to wait for the right vehicle.
Thanks

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Unlikely to be cheap. Not black or yellow. But you will save big on shipping.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-5/

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Waiting costs about $1000/month

That’s the math from $150K MSRP to $300K over 12yrs.

Add $12K/yr.

So bump your bid by $25K or don’t have one for 2yrs then buy; you will be in same place $ wise.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
A deal isn't always about price. Find the right car and buy it before you shop yourself right out of the market

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Unlikely to be cheap. Not black or yellow. But you will save big on shipping.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-5/

Nice indeed.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
A deal isn't always about price. Find the right car and buy it before you shop yourself right out of the market

That's the plan, but I need to know my limitation, and price is important. We, or should say I, have a budget. If price wasn't important, why not just get the latest FGT.
Thanks

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That's the plan, but I need to know my limitation, and price is important. If price wasn't important, why not just get the latest FGT.
Thanks

Because supply < demand (even if you can afford it) Not the best example.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Because supply < demand (even if you can afford it) Not the best example.

Didn't know there is only a certain number of vehicles they are going to produce.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Didn't know there is only a certain number of vehicles they are going to produce.

And the first three years of production of that certain number of New Ford GTs were assigned to the owners almost two years ago. Your only hope of getting one will be to try for the application process for the last year of production which will happen some time in 2019. Stick with the 05-06. They are not built out of unobtainium.

However, as mentioned in your other post, if you add other colors to your selection criteria you will certainly find many more opportunities. You can chase a black or yellow car for a long time and pass up multiple "for sure, sign on the dotted line and it will be at your house tomorrow" red cars. (This is not limited to red, but there are more reds than any other color, and pointers to several reds in your price range have been posted). If price is your limiting factor, color should be a second choice or you'll wait and wait and as Kayvan said, the bar will just keep getting higher and may be moving at a rate that makes closing the gap more and more difficult every day.

That said, what you want might just show up tomorrow, who knows, but the odds are not in your favor.

Good luck with your search.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
One way way to get what you want on a specific budget may be to paint or wrap a color you don't want.

Some of the nicest cars are custom paint. Thinking of a certain Valencia Orange car built in Arkansas a few years back.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Just listed on BaT
‘05, Red 1000 miles. Opens at $225,000

d74c92c3245012b2dd00373585acd1c3.jpg

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

Last edited:

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Saw that. Very close to home, interesting I have not seen that car here. Another forum member has a red one just north of me. Not exactly the colour I'am looking for. Waiting for a potential buyer on my car and has not surfaced yet. We shall see otherwise I will have to wait.

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Not to be over dramatic, and you have a awesome car collection but a GT is an upgrade lifestyle change if you get involved.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The guys around here are pretty nice and helpful too.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I’m obviously a fan of yellow GT’s but I don’t think it brings a premium like black does. Yellow was the least popular color both in ‘05 & ‘06 (only 74 produced in ‘06 and not many more in ‘05) and many have been destroyed so there aren’t that many out there to find. In the abstract nobody wants a yellow car but when you actually see one they look great. Eventually one will pop up for sale but if you jack around trying to get the deal of the century it will be gone and you may not get another crack at one. All the best!

Chip

Attachments

• 77859BC1-4265-4B87-8710-D542AFFEB59C.jpg
    77859BC1-4265-4B87-8710-D542AFFEB59C.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 322

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
People: keep your bullshit arguments off this car website. They are just going to get deleted. Go argue on reddit or 4chan or something if you feel like you have to argue on the internet.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So I am confused. You have a WTB thread going, people are posting ideas for your consideration, but you are not yet in a position to actually buy?

Waiting for a potential buyer on my car and has not surfaced yet. We shall see otherwise I will have to wait.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
The buyer for my car fell through, so I am forced to wait until it is sold.