New owner/member

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Welcome and congratulations. When I bought mine 13 years ago I was torn between blue/white and white/blue. Love this combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Like everyone else has said, welcome to this Forum and our mutual obsession. Considering the topic, there are some surprisingly sane people here.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Welcome. This forum is an amazing place to learn about our cars and the members are very generous with advice. Enjoy your beautiful car in good health.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
congrats on the purchase. Enjoy her!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Congratulations and Welcome.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations and welcome. One great thing about the car is you can actually work on it yourself.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
The symptoms you describe are common to the broken gas neck flapper. Do you have a CEL?

My thoughts too when I read the posts on the forum - the dealer doesnt think so by pointing to the sticky IAC valve, but I have asked them to check this specifically. Will report back after IAC valve is sorted.

No CEL yet *fingers crossed* (ive had over 20 stalls to date). I face stalls less often now with my dual pronged management technique: 1) reduce RPM in gear slowly and in a stable manner (to the extent possible) and only clutch when it gets to around idle RPM; 2) if that fails, then quickly try to salvage the situation and blip the throttle, more like a near-to-halt heel and toe move (this move is a hit and miss as it may be too late by the time I get to it).

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Regarding an exhaust, if you can get way with no cats, headers and Ford Racing/Borla muffler sound and look killer.

Only issues that are making me re-think the catless option are:

- CEL light, unless I upload a tune (not looking to tune yet)
- im still left with the bulky Borla muffler blocking the vents and retaining heat

My alternative would be to just go X/H pipe (Heffner seems to be on top of my list at the moment). Again, the only holdup there is the drone. I can live with slight drone on highway speeds, but a headache inducing / interior buzzing drone is not something I am looking for.

I know the Borla muffler seems to be drone-less, but on its own is also fairly muted from what I understand.

Decisions decisions......

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
It is always great to get a contact-buzz from new owner - welcome!

DBX whereabouts are you located? Could lead to some neighbor call-outs:cheers

I would love to join the Rallies (have been watching all the videos on YouTube), but unfortunately im located in Dubai, UAE.

I do visit California on an annual basis thought for holiday. I do attend whatever car meets/CnC I can make during my trips, but im guessing the GT rallies are a GT only affair (my rental car wont cut it?) :p.

Not sure when Rally 13 is, but I’m currently planning to either be in California for Pebble Beach Concours or some time in late Sep.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
I was going to e-mail you and ask if you were the other member with a very similar name, thinking he may have been locked out!

Welcome.

Thanks, buddy. I did stumble into him myself after signing up. We both live in the same city, Dubai, hence the abbreviated “DXB”.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
FWIW, when my fuel flap broke I didn’t get any CEL. The flap fix is actually easier than it looks, lots of tips in here, took me an afternoon to rectify

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
FWIW, when my fuel flap broke I didn’t get any CEL. The flap fix is actually easier than it looks, lots of tips in here, took me an afternoon to rectify

Im not as technically adept, but it appeared to me from my read is that I need to replace the top of the neck (which is burried behind the fender). If what you’re pointing out to is a different issue, im happy to give it a try.

Are you referring to the plastic flap on the exterior of the nozzle entry point (i.e. visible when you open the fuel filler cover and slides in when you push the nozzle through - or can also be pushed aside with fingers?). Mine seems somewhat dried out but it doesnt appear to remain stuck in - moves back into place whenever I let go or remove nozzle.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I would love to join the Rallies (have been watching all the videos on YouTube), but unfortunately im located in Dubai, UAE.

I do visit California on an annual basis thought for holiday. I do attend whatever car meets/CnC I can make during my trips, but im guessing the GT rallies are a GT only affair (my rental car wont cut it?) :p.

Not sure when Rally 13 is, but I’m currently planning to either be in California for Pebble Beach Concours or some time in late Sep.

Owners show up now and then with a rental car. Sometimes you can find a GT ride with a solo driver.

Not as much fun without the GT(know this from one year without mine), but still better that not going at all.

Dates will probably be announced soon.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats and welcome.

Vince H

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Sorry to reopen this thread, but I wanted to ask how can I be able to post a thread on the GT Tech section?

I wanted to ask about where I could buy some of the GTG clamshell hook release mechanism (its abit of a pain having to always look for a second guy to help out).

Thanks

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Regarding an exhaust, if you can get way with no cats, headers and Ford Racing/Borla muffler sound and look killer.

Welcome. FWIW - I also think the above combo is the best sound, without going too extreme.
Along those lines, you don't want to drive behind Ed's setup without ear protection.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Here is an old post that might be of some help or insight for you.
Welcome aboard! This is as good as it gets being a car guy!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/19880-For-the-newbies?highlight=for+the+newbies

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Just joined the Forum
I applied for the new Ford GT
I will post the application video soon that shows my Ford cars as well a couple of other cars
I purchased my first Ford while living in Brazil in 1966 the year when Ford won Le Mans, and my car was called Ford Corcel, a 4 cylinder two door coupe
There is no question that having the blue oval badge of a car that won that race was a big incentive in my decision
58 years later and having lived in many different countries - always a Ford in each country- I have a Ford Armada - composed of 3 Fords and 2 reproductions
I love them and drive them and track them all and they are part of some of the most performing Ford cars
Looking forward to participate in this forum

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Great to see new members from all over the world!

Have fun with the car... and as you learned here and from other posts get those tires warm....

on another note I too have the xpipe... the drone is there and depending on your payment you will get a little tire noise... unaware of your am/fm radio there you can buy a device for your cigarette lighter to provide bluetooth... it also has USB so great for IPOD and Phone... Apple music Sirrus XM and more... the Stereo is awesome...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ1YZSH/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Welcome and Good luck!