2018 Heritage Ford GT review

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
Great review of John Hennessy's 2018 Heritage Ford GT. The 2018 heritage edition is a major jaw dropper. Congratulations once again to John on this gorgeous vehicle.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6aYvhcIXs

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Pretty awesome, fun video.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
At least he won't have to wrestle with the shifter. :facepalm: :lol

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Love it! Great review.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Is it just me or does anyone else find car chaser Mr. Vehicle Virgin/Parker annoying to put it politely? Ever since he did the "6 Reasons why I hate the Ford GT" he's left a bad taste in my mouth. 6.2M reviews on that joke of a video. Ugh....

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
2018 Ford GT Heritage review

I was kinda surprised he did this review on the Ford GT considering he made not one but two video's about things he hates about the 05-06 GT as well as the New FGT. This proves even more what an amazing machine not only the 05-06 GT's are but also the modern NFGT. He was like a little kid in a candy store he couldn't hold back how impressed he was with this car!!

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
FGT899 Of course I am biased because he's my son! :) but part of the whole youtube model is attracting attention. Parker came up with the "5/6 things I hate" concept almost 900 videos ago as a way to show that NO car is perfect and to start a conversation about it. Of course with 1.5M subscribers he's attracted more than a fare share of people with opinions. He actually starts that video with "The Ford GT is my favorite car we have ever reviewed on VV" I think biased or not, clearly owning one (as I do) you'd have to admit it would be harder to find another car that is more "difficult" to put into reverse, has worse rear visibility, can get you stuck if someone parks too close and you can't open the door, and finally if you're by yourself opening the engine compartment is a pain if your arms are short like mine! Frankly I think they are all fair points! Unfortunately I am not one of the fortunate ones who made the cut to get a NFGT :( But I'm hopeful that when the re-open the window I might still have a chance! Anyway this is All in good fun in a blatant attempt to swing you back to the VV family... Cheers,
John

Mar 15, 2006
FGT899 Of course I am biased because he's my son! :) but part of the whole youtube model is attracting attention. Parker came up with the "5/6 things I hate" concept almost 900 videos ago as a way to show that NO car is perfect and to start a conversation about it. Of course with 1.5M subscribers he's attracted more than a fare share of people with opinions. He actually starts that video with "The Ford GT is my favorite car we have ever reviewed on VV" I think biased or not, clearly owning one (as I do) you'd have to admit it would be harder to find another car that is more "difficult" to put into reverse, has worse rear visibility, can get you stuck if someone parks too close and you can't open the door, and finally if you're by yourself opening the engine compartment is a pain if your arms are short like mine! Frankly I think they are all fair points! Unfortunately I am not one of the fortunate ones who made the cut to get a NFGT :( But I'm hopeful that when the re-open the window I might still have a chance! Anyway this is All in good fun in a blatant attempt to swing you back to the VV family... Cheers,
John

John, we love working with and just hanging out with Parker. My kids (and myself) really like him and admire what he has done with his YouTube channel. You did a great job of raising him and passing along your automotive passion to him.

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
Thanks John! I was totally jealous when he told me he was visiting your shop. I'm definitely coming along the next time!

Mar 15, 2006
Thanks John! I was totally jealous when he told me he was visiting your shop. I'm definitely coming along the next time!

Come see us anytime. We are 100 miles from COTA.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great video. What a car.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Nice video, thanks for sharing your car, John.

Overall, I liked the video but I felt there was too much focus on the "equity" by being selected, and the recent auctions only worsen the madness. I just hate when a car community becomes about "our cars are now worth $xxx" instead of the actual car and its qualities. Would have preferred some spirited driving or hot laps around the track, but thats just me. Not trying to be a hater, just voicing my opinion. Beautiful car though, enjoy!

Cavan

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
John

I have watched several of Parkers videos over the years. Recently his SC Huracan and 720s races. Good info...sometimes corny..sometimes comical. I do have to ask, I assume he is paid well by youtube.... so how do they determine someone's worth and payment scheme. If I'm not mistaken some kid who plays video games for a living on youtube is worth millions and got allocated a NGT. Who would have ever imagined...and my kids are culprits....watching someone playing a freaking video game!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I probably wouldn't ask someone in real life, or on the internet, to detail how their compensation is determined.

The "kid" is a member here, JordanM.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I probably wouldn't ask someone in real life, or on the internet, to detail how their compensation is determined.

The "kid" is a member here, JordanM.

I guess I should have worded it better. I'm not asking an invasive digging question about money. Just wanting to know from someone who actually knows from personal experience how youtube works. Sorry my mind can't wrap around that concept. I never would ask specific compensation questions because I always try to think, what if I was asked the same question. I'm in a field that has some crazy ways of compensating and I would be more than willing to explain because it has nothing to do with what I make or what I'm worth.

I just figured I'd ask from the horses mouth so to speak instead of "googling" it and trusting the information was accurate.

I could care less if anyone makes a gazillon dollars from youtube. What an amazing time that someone can be watched playing video games for a living. II'm just wondering how the concept works.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I guess I should have worded it better. I'm not asking an invasive digging question about money. Just wanting to know from someone who actually knows from personal experience how youtube works. Sorry my mind can't wrap around that concept. I never would ask specific compensation questions because I always try to think, what if I was asked the same question. I'm in a field that has some crazy ways of compensating and I would be more than willing to explain because it has nothing to do with what I make or what I'm worth.

I just figured I'd ask from the horses mouth so to speak instead of "googling" it and trusting the information was accurate.

I could care less if anyone makes a gazillon dollars from youtube. What an amazing time that someone can be watched playing video games for a living. II'm just wondering how the concept works.

I have the same nagging questions lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2006
Youtube pays creators around $2000 per million views. We didnt pay Parker anything but we did buy him some good Mexican food while he was in Texas. Look up Casey Neistat and figure out what he makes off of Youtube. Parker is the upcoming Casey Neistat of cars..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It varies. I have a YouTube video at just over 1 million views. It's around what John said.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Youtube pays creators around $2000 per million views. We didnt pay Parker anything but we did buy him some good Mexican food while he was in Texas. Look up Casey Neistat and figure out what he makes off of Youtube. Parker is the upcoming Casey Neistat of cars..

Woa...9.5 million subscribers and every video has a gazillion views!! I’m not great at math but I get you point!! Welcome to the 21st century!!

Thanks guys!!

Yep, Parker is on his way!! That’s awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County

Seriously. Hennessy Performance is the go to tuner for literally all types of vehicles. Hopefully, we'll see some modifications on Mr. John's NFGT... wonder how much power he can squeeze out of that.

Cheers.