Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM temp gauge

You cannot hard coat anodize with two dissimilar metals in contact with one another. (Bolt and faceplate)

I asked them to send me a faceplate minus the bolts that I could hard coat and return to them for final assembly. Nope.

I offered to get them in touch with the hard coat shop (Boeing subcontractor) directly to make their product better. Nope.

GT Owner
    Oregon - state of twisties and few patrols.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    Problem with the Speedhut is the faceplate. They won't hard coat anodize them prior to press fitting the bolts on back.

It is either raw brushed aluminum or very thick glossy Powdercoat.
    My Speedhut faceplate looks just like the original. It's semi-matte black, and not thick at all. - I just went out to the garage and compared the two and the difference is negligible. Perhaps they changed their finish since I got mine several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent998 View Post
    My Speedhut faceplate looks just like the original. It's semi-matte black, and not thick at all. - I just went out to the garage and compared the two and the difference is negligible. Perhaps they changed their finish since I got mine several years ago.
    Yeah, maybe they did change. I bought mine when they were first available. Still in the box as I lost interest over the faceplate problems.