My temp stopped working.

Sender's ok

Looking for or replacement

Thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Don't buy it from Ford, it will just fail again. Get the one from Autometer.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My Speedhuts!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7364.jpg
    IMG_7364.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 121

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
My temp gauge finally failed in the black gt....ordered 1 from autometer. Knock on wood only the 2nd gauge failure in 5 gts.....

charlie27

GT Owner
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks I'll try autometer

Speedhut doesn't look oem

You can design your own Speedhuts and make them look pretty much as you wish. Take a look at the web site and then call Speedhut. Except for the bezels, they can be made to look almost exactly the same as stock.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Problem with the Speedhut is the faceplate. They won't hard coat anodize them prior to press fitting the bolts on back.

It is either raw brushed aluminum or very thick glossy Powdercoat.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Easy fix, no?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You cannot hard coat anodize with two dissimilar metals in contact with one another. (Bolt and faceplate)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I asked them to send me a faceplate minus the bolts that I could hard coat and return to them for final assembly. Nope.

I offered to get them in touch with the hard coat shop (Boeing subcontractor) directly to make their product better. Nope.

Problem with the Speedhut is the faceplate. They won't hard coat anodize them prior to press fitting the bolts on back.

It is either raw brushed aluminum or very thick glossy Powdercoat.

My Speedhut faceplate looks just like the original. It's semi-matte black, and not thick at all. - I just went out to the garage and compared the two and the difference is negligible. Perhaps they changed their finish since I got mine several years ago.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My Speedhut faceplate looks just like the original. It's semi-matte black, and not thick at all. - I just went out to the garage and compared the two and the difference is negligible. Perhaps they changed their finish since I got mine several years ago.

Yeah, maybe they did change. I bought mine when they were first available. Still in the box as I lost interest over the faceplate problems.