insurances

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just got my bill for this next year on my GTX1 I have Heacock Classic/ American Modern
Really jump up this year, any body have suggestion on other Good company's to check with?
I do have 7 other older type cars mustang, Shelby's T-Birds to put with it

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would call Drew at Classic insurance (a sponsor here). He has access to several products, and can help you weed through the options.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I would call Drew at Classic insurance (a sponsor here). He has access to several products, and can help you weed through the options.

Ditto, helped me with all my cars X1 included.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I have used Hagerty for years. Their rates are very good and, in my opinion, their customer service is second to none. They insure all of my cars including '06 #1722, several original Cobras/Shelbys, and a bunch of other stuff. They understand my cars and they can speak intelligently about all of them.

Oh, and I have no annual mileage limitations -- good thing, too!

After listening to me bitch for years, they finally agreed to cover my daily drivers, my houses, and they issued an large umbrella policy that I needed. My daughters are in med school and living in apartments, Hagerty even got the renter's policies issued that the landlords required.

I love having a totally customer-focused one-stop shop for all of my insurance needs.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Try the Barrett Jackson insurance. I had it before they re-branded it it is underwritten by the AIG Private Client Group. Their price on a single GT (or any modern car) isn't too competitive but when combined with a couple of older cars was. It's what I used for my Cobra and Mustangs and the GT when we lived in Colorado.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We've had this same conversation time & time again. Do a search & you will find countless threads on GT insurance. And tires. And gauges. And etc.

So, since thread #512 on insurance is here I will say what I have said for 512 times: Drew at Classic Insurance! He is our forum sponsor. He comes to our forum rallies! He is a GT lover. He has great rates. He is there when you need him! Hagerty, Barrett Jackson, Allstate, etc may have deals but they aren't GT people. They don't have the passion for our cars & life styles. Ok, now bring on insurance thread #513. And where the hell is Dr Frank & Xcentric?

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Try the Barrett Jackson insurance. I had it before they re-branded it it is underwritten by the AIG Private Client Group. Their price on a single GT (or any modern car) isn't too competitive but when combined with a couple of older cars was. It's what I used for my Cobra and Mustangs and the GT when we lived in Colorado.

AIG is no longer. I believe they became ACE which is now either merged with or purchased by Chubb.