NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Agree Karl

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Basically "I'm a sleazy unethical piece of shit that is butt hurt my auction house didn't get to sell the charity GT that Barrett-Jackson did." I think that's what the closed caption said on the video, couldn't tell, the font was small, the audio was off and I'm bad at lip reading.

I sense you're holding back now Dave, pls tell us how you really feel! ;)

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Something to think about now is there will now be more people who will fill out the application to try getting one of the last round of new GT's. Not because they really want one but how much money they can make. Hopefully there will be a question on the new application asking if you have applied already in the first round and those people will get a one up on the new applicants. There are a lot of well deserved forum members that have posted here about being denied that I am sure a lot of us would love to see get the chance . JMO

Remember the rest of us on this forum are living the dream through the few that get the New GT !!! SO POST MORE PICTURES :club:club:club

Dominic
agreed,my thoughts exactly and unfortunately i think there will be more

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
Dominic I couldn't agree more about the first round applicants getting some form of preference. Even though I don't make a lot of posts own this forum as you can see, I was to my knowledge within the first 100 applicants in the original round and also own a 06 Heritage car. I was denied and not even waitlisted. While I have remained positive I would be really disappointed if Ford didn't give SOME form of preference to to all of us who were turned down. I'd even argue that they shouldn't even "open" the new allocation to ANYONE who didn't apply in the first round. There are plenty of us out here to choose from without adding another round of new applications. I guess we will see soon enough.
Cheers,
John

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I'd even argue that they shouldn't even "open" the new allocation to ANYONE who didn't apply in the first round. There are plenty of us out here to choose from without adding another round of new applications.>>

Good point, and would limit the number of would-be flippers at least somewhat.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Last 250 only to forum members!!

Yes, what he said!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Well, I didn't apply in the first round because I figured there was zero chance of getting an allocation, given the much longer and higher profile GT ownership by some of you, and further that it would have just diluted your chances. If applying in the first round becomes another qualification, I guess I'll have zero chance of getting one in the second round too.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Basically "I'm a sleazy unethical piece of shit that is butt hurt my auction house didn't get to sell the charity GT that Barrett-Jackson did." I think that's what the closed caption said on the video, couldn't tell, the font was small, the audio was off and I'm bad at lip reading.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Utube of auction for those who missed it. Opening statement sure to come back on Mecum.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSgc7_Tsuhs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If that doesn't illustrate that it's just a case of being a disgruntled dipshit, nothing will. Multiple reputable auction houses turned the car down.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
There's an ironclad 2-year security agreement on the car now, starting a couple months ago.

That’s good news Dave. Thanks

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford may be able to bring a tortious interference claim against Mecum. Sadly, he wasn’t wrong. Apparently you can buy and sell anything you want. Integrity, scruples, etc.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford may be able to bring a tortious interference claim against Mecum. Sadly, he wasn’t wrong. Apparently you can buy and sell anything you want. Integrity, scruples, etc.

Or someone that already has a car and is adhering to the contract...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Or someone that already has a car and is adhering to the contract...

Yeah. Good point.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I applied early in the 1st round and was refused. no waitlist...I deserve one! LOL

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I applied early in the 1st round and was refused. no waitlist...I deserve one! LOL

Me too, if I were lucky enough to have been chosen it would have been till death do us part.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I would buy one from Ford and agree to finance the last $1,000.00 for 48 months at 1% APR with no pre-payment option. Then I could get the title transfered.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
If that doesn't illustrate that it's just a case of being a disgruntled dipshit, nothing will. Multiple reputable auction houses turned the car down.
It just pure GREED.
Kind of makes you sick when someone is doing it just to make money, when guys like myself would have kept the car to pass down to Generations if we were awarded one.. oh well, nothing we can do now. Eric

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx

Me too !! :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I’ve put up a poll on instagram for those who would like to participate.

f480ada896d27d7e1e53adbce385d6d6.jpg