New GT trivia question...

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I'll give you an important clue. And this is a true statement if you remove them you could cause death to you and your passenger....

OK, I'll take another quess. They can't be seat belt anchors... so from your clue, they must be energy absorption / deflectors for keeping the trans-axle from intruding into the passenger compartment in a crash.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
OK, I'll take another quess. They can't be seat belt anchors... so from your clue, they must be energy absorption / deflectors for keeping the trans-axle from intruding into the passenger compartment in a crash.

Basically your last statement is correct. They're actually blocks that are mounted to the transmission to keep it and the engine from sliding forward and breaching the cockpit after a severe front collision.... and now you know the rest of the story. Good day

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Basically your last statement is correct. They're actually blocks that are mounted to the transmission to keep it and the engine from sliding forward and breaching the cockpit after a severe front collision

I almost said that! LOL. I was clueless. Cool trivia Stormy.

Ed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
:facepalm:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If that's all they do, then take them off and save some weight.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If that's all they do, then take them off and save some weight.

I Thought about it and than decided eating one less cupcake a week might be a wiser choice !! :biggrin

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Oh, is that all, and I thought they were important and necessary.

Vince H