The J-Man has left the building

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
All the Best Jamal. Hope our paths cross again. An exciting change for sure.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you're in Belleville, look me up. Sorry to see you go. Will pass on the info to the neighbors. Bob D is driving a Jaguar.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
+1. Change is inevitable for successful people and new career options are surfacing. Best congratulations to Jamal and good luck with new job.

Hope to see him at future Rallys

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A fun Jamal memory, It was July of 2016, we were in Dearborn, and I reached out wanting to see if there was a chance we could see and sit in a car. We arrive at his office, chatting with some others we know, a matte black early "TT" car pulls up. Jamal gets out. He scowled at us, "no social media". Which was aok, because we got to have a mini tour of the car, sit in it, and confirmed that I fit very comfortably in it. What a treat. This with, other experiences , hucked gasoline on the fire, for the desire to have a NGT (which of course came true in February).

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Sorry to see him leave. He has been an important part of our community! Best wishes !!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Congratulations Jamal! Thank you for all you did for our cars and our community. Couldn't have asked for a better brand ambassador!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Best wishes on your new direction! I'll always remember chatting with him in the '16 Le Mans Ford suite at 3am discussing the race as the #82 Ferrari drove by clearly out of "compliance". A very dedicated dude for sure. Big forum loss.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats on the next phase of your journey, Jamal

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Wow !! Big new for sure. Congrats Jamal !! :cheers Good luck on your new Adventure. !! You will be missed !!

+1 Happy adventures, but you'll still be a member of this forum so stay connected.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Just want to echo the same sentiments as everyone else that you will no doubt be missed. You are one of the coolest cat's I have had the pleasure of meeting and hang with. Thanks to you and Dave for allowing Susan and I to tag along at various Ford functions and spend some time. Jaguar and Range Rover are making a great move bringing you on board.

Vince H

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Congrats Jamal! On to the next adventure and challenge. Quick story...when my 2005 FGT got damaged in late 2005 by an overzealous mechanic on a test drive, Jamal personally called me to reassure me about the stoutness of the chassis frame, etc. 54k miles later #401 is still rocking and rolling. Good luck, Jamal!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Jamal, sad to see you go. We all wish you the best in your new adventures. Hope to cross paths in the future!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Wish you well in your new endeavors

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats Jamal!! Looks like Jaguar and RR are about to get exciting!

On the other side of the token I hate to see you leave. Its starting to feel like we are losing our whole Varsity Team!!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Sorry to see you move on Jamal as you’re one of the originals and have been very generous to us not to mention your involvement in the great products Ford has produced. At the same time congratulations and all the best in your future endeavours! Lastly a special thank you for helping Dave get this great forum started not that long ago.

Cheers brother.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Jamal, I sure hate to see you leave. Thought you were a permanent member of this gig. But like you told me at rally 2 on another subject "never say never." Good luck. Vince

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Jamal.... best of luck to you. After Working together at Ford for at least 20 years and then on the Ford GT and Ford Mustang stuff over the past 12 years , I will now need a new "contact " for my questions and requests. !
The best to you . Call me if needed.
Andy Benedict ( Margaret and Megan and Ryan)
AJB

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jamal will be a star no matter where he goes! He is a great guy.I wish him the very best!
Truly a class act!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Jamal, I met you 15 years ago as part of the development team on the 2005-2006 Ford GT. You took part in a story I wrote about the car’s development and added superb color commentary (http://www.karlbrauer.com/ford-gt/new-2005-ford-gt-development/.html).

While hangning with you in the Ford suite in Le Mans in 2016 I remember thinking “This is a person whose talent has led to an amazing career — TWO Ford GT development teams!” Congrats on the new adventure. Jaguar and Range Rover have never been stronger in terms of competitive product, but this industry never stops evolving and they will need people like you to stay ahead of the curve.

Hope to still see and hear from you, maybe on a future Jag or RR press launch.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
First job at JLR, cancel the hideous two door coupy monstrosity they are planning to build on the full size RR, saw it at the NY show it it is so wrong....