Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFOOT View Post
    The
    1-800-436-7332 # on our letters...
    Is a joke and goes to Manila.

Anyone have a domestic contact to (even) speak to ,..to get this taken care of?
    I think you all know what I’m saying.
    Ford has screwed this up.

And my local dealers have never done the repair....
    My suggestion is to work with your local dealer and forget about the overseas number, present him with the data I included in post no.:1 in this thread (Ford house call program number) and hopefully he'll coordinate something to your liking. You may need to remove/install the lower dash panel yourself (simple task, just needs patience and 2 people) and remover/install the metal bracket behind it (passenger side), and blue tape all the surroundings prior to start. The tech can do the swap and you can install everything back at your leisure at home. I get it, none of us should have to go thru that trouble but good service after the sale is a hit and miss event unfortunately.

Thnx Bro.
    That might be the only way to go on this.
    RIP KIWI

GT Owner

Closest local dealer coming tomorrow but they only send 1 tech so I’ll “help” him.
    He’s done 4 already and is the dealership QAO.
    Hopefully it all works out.

The tricky part is when you "un-connect" either side of the lower dash, careful attention shall be made to the part over the radio (the thinnest part), one person would need to support the disconnected section so the panel remain as straight/lined up as possible with the connected side while the other person disconnect the clips on the other side. Also, pull back just enough (don't remove) on the weather strip on the passenger side next to the dash panel to facilitate removal. Good luck!
    PS: I suggest heavy use of blue tape before the tech arrives including around the steering column screw holes, and make sure not to break the plastic cover when you attempt to remove it to access the holding screws, they're expensive to replace!!!

GT Owner

Got the PS airbag done this morning.
    Koch Ford Easton,Pa.sent a great tech, Stu to do it.
    All complete no problems and a job well done.
    Thank You Stu!

GT Owner

[QUOTE=BlackICE;481942]I was concerned about the same thing, so before I bought the car into the dealership I took off lower panel.

BlackICE,

Can you let me know which dealer in Bay Area you went to for the airbag recall, and if the work was satisfactory? Thanks.

Lewis