Air bag canisters replaced today

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
RPM,

Pleasantville FORD (914-769-1800) did all my work from axle-bolts to major 3yr service.
Frank Procaro was the Srvc Mgr at the time and they had SVT/ GT - ASC Master Techs

For SoCal look no further than Galpin in Valley; 25 Yards from exit.
Each time they have six GTs and 10 Mustang Shelby’s being serviced or modded.
Quicklane on Sat 7am with appointment and your done.

Place has like 100 bays; largest volume Ford dealer on planet.

Went today to have them both replaced. Not good. They replaced the driver side, and the plastic cap on the right side of the steering wheel "popped off, and fell somewhere", they know not where. They've ordered a replacement. On the passenger side, they refused to drop the panel, until the guy that did the radar detector/laser jammers, comes and takes it down, as they won't be responsible for non Ford wiring. So now, I've got to coordinate my radar guy, with their service department, and bring it back!!! I'm not a happy camper!!!

I'm going to change their name to "UNPleasantville Ford". I went today, after finally being able to schedule my Radar guy, and their head mechanic, to replace the passenger side. After waiting about 3/4 of an hour for them to get the shop set up (I had an 8 AM appointment), the mechanic comes out, and apologizes that they have the wrong part. They have the part for a Mustang, although on 5/1, they ordered the parts by using my VIN #. I've now been on the phone with Ford Customer Service for almost 1/2 hour. They gave me a case #, and will arrange for the tech to come to my house. I still have to arrange to have the radar guy come at the same time. Let's see how long it takes to get the part, and the appointment. Apparently, it'll be the same person from "UnPleasantville Ford".

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
That is a lovely drive. Hi from Seattle.

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
Has anyone in the San Jose or San Francisco, CA area had the passenger side airbag inflator replaced?
If so, could you please tell me which dealership you used and were you happy with the results?

Thanks for your help,
djslicer

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
Hi Awsum GT, I live in Saratoga, CA and need to have the passenger side air bag inflator replaced on my '06 Heritage GT
Would you please tell me which dealership you used and were you happy with the results?
Thanks alot,
djslicer

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I’m having my passenger side air bag canister replaced today. The process seems to be a little more involved then I was led to believe. This is the first GT they have ever done. Should I be concerned?
8f96a4d46f70b58d649fb082d5b4bc33.jpg
7f5ca10ce7cb9efaec8d494024e2e627.jpg
5621d22971be1a33e02afad62d3c885f.jpg
8c2f2476495596bc18d7ecc4f126451f.jpg

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Asume that they being paid by the hour?? :leaving::rofl

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
They’re on the right track, removing the engine comes next. All to get under the dash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
To save time, consider going through the fuel tank as a short cut, should save 40-50 hours. A cigarette lighter helps illuminates the various curves/bends....

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
To save time, consider going through the fuel tank as a short cut, should save 40-50 hours. A cigarette lighter helps illuminates the various curves/bends....

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I will recommend that to the shop right after I confirm my insurance is paid up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Well, I have a 7AM appointment (3rd one, hopefully “the charm”) at Stamford Ford. They were recommended by Rye Ford, as having the technician, that’s worked on more GTs then any in the area. While Ford “tried to accommodate me”, as a result of my 2 bad experiences at “Unpleasantville Ford”, and added my vin, to be worked on at my home, there isn’t a dealer in the area, that has a clue what they’re doing, to send a qualified tech. I’m hoping that it’ll get done tomorrow morning, I’ll report in later!!!��

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
In at 7, out at 8:15, done (out of my sight), by Alex, their GT trained/certified technician. He said mine was the second passenger side replacement he'd done. He also marveled at all my miles, as all the cars he's seen in the dealership, have far less than 5,000 miles. Very pleased with Stamford Ford, nice clean professional dealership. The only "problem", is that their computer system, cant code the car as a GT, it keeps making it a "Mustang GT"!!!!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Anyone have a dealership/tech near Austin they'd recommend? Im not confident in the guys down the street, they said they havent serviced many GT's.

Thanks,
Cavan

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone have a dealership/tech near Austin they'd recommend? Im not confident in the guys down the street, they said they havent serviced many GT's.

Thanks,
Cavan

Mac Haik Ford In Georgetown
Service Manager is Edwin Holmstrom
512-930-3673
eholmstrom@machaikflm.com

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Mac Haik Ford In Georgetown
Service Manager is Edwin Holmstrom
512-930-3673
eholmstrom@machaikflm.com

Small world, my father and Edwin used to work together!

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
My local Ford dealer send two techs out to replace passenger side airbags while my Porsche tech was servicing my car. Make sure when they remove the lower dash to support the middle part where the stereo deck sits, this will avoid any type of wrinkles or slight bent in the lower dash when they put it back.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
RPM,
Glad that you finally got that resolved.
My car is going to Heffner this week (if it ever stops raining) for a full service, and next will be Stamford for the recall when I get back to NY.
Best,
Mark

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
RPM,
Glad that you finally got that resolved.
My car is going to Heffner this week (if it ever stops raining) for a full service, and next will be Stamford for the recall when I get back to NY.
Best,
Mark
Looking forward to seeing you back up here in the NE. Up here, if service is needed, I use P1 in Stamford, Tommy is great, last time I was there he had 2 black, no stripe cars in for service, kind of rare to see that anywhere, short of at DBK's garage!!! (or Rich of the GTG's)!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Looking forward to seeing you back up here in the NE. Up here, if service is needed, I use P1 in Stamford, Tommy is great, last time I was there he had 2 black, no stripe cars in for service, kind of rare to see that anywhere, short of at DBK's garage!!! (or Rich of the GTG's)!

Yea, I know them and they do a great job, but I doubt that they can do a factory recall.
Best,
Mark