Celebrating the life of Buzz Marcus

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Today we said a final goodbye to our friend, the legendary racer and car enthusiast Buzz Marcus. So many wonderful stories were shared by people from all walks of life about their experiences with Buzz. If you had a passion for cars, Buzz was your friend for life. A few members were fortunate enough to hang out with him at UMC during Rally 12. If you don’t know him, do a google search on his name and I’m sure you will find interesting stories about Buzz you can relate to. In the picture below is Derek Bell, Special K, Stormy, and Larry Coe

ff30566b97739003b64e5be84be804f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Stormy with long pants on... what the hell?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Stormy with long pants on... what the hell?

I think they are rentals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
After hearing stories about his life from his friends and family I'm only sad that I didn't know him longer.

There were some other prominent well-known Racers there but how cool is that when Derek Bell attends your final podium ceremony. .. Buzz's wife told us she placed a helmet in his casket. His casket was draped with a checkered flag! How fitting is that. ..

Derek Bell came over to Larry's place and told us some cool stories about racing at LeMans..
I own one pair of black pants and it took about 2 hours to get the wrinkles out of them....:biggrin Feeling overdressed and out of place in pants I wore some driving shoes to the ceremony in his honor...

Buzz raced with the # 74 on his car and they made up some commemorative stickers which we are all holding..

God Speed Buzz..!! you are one of a kind! !!.. :usa:usa

Attachments

• 2018-04-23 19.27.03.jpg
    2018-04-23 19.27.03.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
cc49c2e411ca937fb9ecfd63aa5580be.jpg