2018 Mustang Cobra Jet

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It’s exciting to see what Ford performance is up to. I’m not old enough to have experienced the muscle car era of the 60’s, but there seems to be a new golden age for high performance cars and trucks.

http://performance.ford.com/series/...-jet/2018/04/2018-cobra-jet-announcement.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Kevin, Thanks for sharing. Im not old enough to have been at the races then but these cars have the same effects on drag racers as the new GT's have on people in this group. Funny there is heritage in both models with a great race history.There will be a 50 year anniversary show and drag race in august this year at Norwalk Ohio. I will have my original Un restored 68 Cobra jet lightweight car there racing in the vintage class as well as racing my 2012 Super cobra jet in the modern class.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Kevin, Thanks for sharing. Im not old enough to have been at the races then but these cars have the same effects on drag racers as the new GT's have on people in this group. Funny there is heritage in both models with a great race history.There will be a 50 year anniversary show and drag race in august this year at Norwalk Ohio. I will have my original Un restored 68 Cobra jet lightweight car there racing in the vintage class as well as racing my 2012 Super cobra jet in the modern class.

I’m glad you saw this Dave, I thought of you when I read it. You need this to complement your car!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I agree. This is the perfect buy for Dave to compliment his collection!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I recall Pat Milliken offering what I believe was a 2017 Cobra Jet for MSRP, around $115,000 I believe.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
They just about pulled the plug on this i am very surprised it happened.. Glad it did!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I recall Pat Milliken offering what I believe was a 2017 Cobra Jet for MSRP, around $115,000 I believe.

I will reach out to Kevin on the 2018 model. Not sure how much pull they have as I wish it was Wimbledon White as the first fifty were instead of Oxford White that they are offering. I have heard of color changes during production in the past.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.

Thanks, The article says Wimbledon White and Race Red. That's better choice in White then the Oxford White that was posted in an other article. I reached out to Kevin at Pat Milliken Ford with no reply. There were other contacts made from other sales persons from the dealer but I told them I was dealing with Kevin. Maybe he is out of town? I have a close friend that is close with Jacky Jones and Jacky told him the order process was going to be something like the GT allocation. We shall see. Im going to be at the 50th show in Norwalk racing with three of my Cobra Jets and would love to be racing the 2018 new model.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I have a question that No one seems to have the answer to. What is the allocation process for the 2018 Cobra jet mustang? Dealers don't know. I read if your drawn? That sounds more like the new Ford GT application process? Does anyone know for sure? I reached out to Kevin with Pat Millken Ford even calling the dealership with no reply? Sent PM.
Maybe B.M.F. Has an inside source? Ive been looking to add a special Ford and this race theme fits perfect. Thanks in advance.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi David, wanted to make sure you got my email back. Order bank is set to open mid June! Lets try and get you one!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Go for it!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Hi David, wanted to make sure you got my email back. Order bank is set to open mid June! Lets try and get you one!

Kevin, Thank you for the contact. Going to the 50th Anniversary show and will be racing the 68 and 2012 SCJ. Would love to have a 2018 added to my all Ford race purpose collection. Please keep me posted.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So glad to see you could get one Dave, I’m pretty excited to see one in person. Take me for a ride when you get it!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
If you speak of the Cobra jet show at Norwalk Ohio, this August, several of us will be there. Trying to get a "corral full of FordGT'S" to cheer you on...
Andy (ajb)

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
If you speak of the Cobra jet show at Norwalk Ohio, this August, several of us will be there. Trying to get a "corral full of FordGT'S" to cheer you on...
Andy (ajb)

Andy, Yes sir. That's the show. The 2018 Cobra jet order time opens on 6-18-2018. Hope to see you there.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
In case you haven’t heard:

http://performance.ford.com/series/...pens.html?cks=45969402906&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Fast car. I would think it would be nice to see them sell to people who will race them.