2019 heritage

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
Really surprised it does not have a thin black line between the orange and blue.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great car and looks great in the Gulf colors

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Nailed it!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How 'bout pics of the interior?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
How 'bout pics of the interior?

I saw one on IG.
11c148656c616698b1a491eeec21a82a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Looks like an alcantara interior, which sucks iMO. I wanted leather, maybe it is an upgrade. Will call on Monday to my concierge.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
gHghgiZ.jpg

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
J8UFYAA.jpg

jz87V9s.jpg

26JstvN.jpg

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
9FMGSlr.jpg

Dg1HuRP.jpg

7Ouj3xx.jpg

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
IZk0FPE.jpg

AF6pa2Y.jpg

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
YUJeKhJ.jpg

9stO8q0.jpg

o3iJv7t.jpg

K3qwOL0.jpg

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Love the contrast stitching!!!:thumbsup

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Forgot to mention the 2019 Heritage was driven out of the garage by Joey Hand. Always cool to see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Those roundels would look great with a set of carbon fiber wheels.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/20180/08/2019-ford-gt-heritage.html

DEARBORN – The new 2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition honors the legendary American Gulf Oil-sponsored Ford GT40 by featuring the most famous paint scheme in motorsports – plus a set of additional exclusive touches.

“Many view the Gulf Oil paint scheme as the most famous in motorsports,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, global operations. “The 1968 GT40 quickly became a global sensation after beating its European competitors on the track four times in a row, and in honor of the 50th anniversary of its win, we’re paying fresh tribute to the original with a new heritage limited edition.”

For the first time, an optional package provides exposed carbon fiber accents for both the interior and exterior of the Ford GT Heritage Edition. For 2019, the package features the No. 9 graphics on the hood and doors, as well as a ghosted image on the interior door panels. For 2020, No. 6 honors the same car that went on to win Le Mans in 1969 with a different number.

The Heritage Edition features exposed carbon fiber A-pillars and sports unique 20-inch one-piece forged aluminum wheels in high-gloss dark stainless with black lug nuts. Orange calipers and silver rearview mirror caps complete the look.

Ebony Alcantara wraps the seats, instrument panel, pillars, headliner and steering wheel. Contrasting blue and orange stitching accentuates the seats and steering wheel, with a new seat embossment inspired by the original 1968 Le Mans-winning car as well as clear and polished anodized paddle shifters.

High-gloss dark stainless appliqués accent the instrument panel, door register bezels and x-brace to round out the interior. Much like previous heritage models, the Ford GT Heritage Edition features a unique serialized identification plate, plus exposed matte carbon fiber door sills, air register pods and center console.

“We are delighted to partner with Ford to help the Gulf-themed Heritage Edition Ford GT become reality. The Ford Marque has played a major role in creating Gulf’s place in motoring and motorsporting legend and the same is true in reverse,” enthused MD of Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd, Ravi Chawla. “Every Gulf outright victory at Le Mans has been Ford-powered and of course Gulf Ford GT40s took the latter two wins of Ford’s four consecutive victories at Le Mans from 1966-1969. What could be more fitting than both brands coming together to produce this fantastic motor car – the modern spiritual successor to the amazing Gulf-Ford GT40s that took Le Mans and World Championship.”

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The partnership with Gulf Oil Lubricants raises an interesting possibility for next year’s race livery.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I was trying to figure out what was “missing” on the NFGT Gulf car (beyond the rondels) and it finally clicked.

I remember Dave talking about how difficult the 2006 car was to paint, specifically because of the pinstripe separating the two colors.

When I first saw the new car I noticed no pinstripe and figured, like the original Gulf blue being more pale than the 2006, the pinstripe on 2006 was also an add-on from the 1968 car, and thus it was left off for “authentic” purposes.

BUT — then I just looked at these pictures again, including the shot in the Ford garage of the original 1075 car, and...PINSTRIPE.

Why doesn’t the new car have the pinstripe between the blue and orange paint? Is it still early in the development of this livery and they didn’t have time (similar to the rondels not being ready), or will it never have a pinstripe?

I’m curious, because I never gave the pinstripe on the 2006 much thought, in terms of being necsssary or not necessary, but seeing it on the 2006 and the 1968 car, and not seeing it on the 2019, makes me think it would improve the overall visual impact.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
You are right about the missing pinstripe.
Also I noticed that the radius on the curve on the orange on the front seems a lot different than that of the original GT40 and the 2006 Heritage

Well - Ford I beat you to it.

This is how my all Le Mans blue 2017 looked 4 hours after it was rolled out of the delivery truck.

0C582331-103B-49C5-AB25-361EEB7FD1F8.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’ve been looking at the pictures of all the Gulf GTs, and I like the new car without the pinstripe. I think it makes it look more modern. Is the pinstripe on the 2006 car tape? I don’t recall.

Also, the radius of the curve on the nose paint matches the lines on the leading edges of the hood extractors. I like it. Jason’s car looks great too though.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Why doesn’t the new car have the pinstripe between the blue and orange paint? Is it still early in the development of this livery and they didn’t have time (similar to the rondels not being ready), or will it never have a pinstripe?

Gentlemen,

The two previous Heritage NFGT’s were difficult to paint and probably more important, time consuming to paint because they used 3 different colors. They needed to mask, spray, allow dry time, and do finish work 3 times instead of 2. Since pretty early in production the Heritage GT’s have been the only cars painted at Multimatic, all other GT’s like mine were painted in Detroit. The limiting factor to Heritage GT production has been the “paint time required” bottleneck.

Knowing that the Gulf Heritage would require 4 colors to match 1075’s livery (blue, orange, white, and black) I wondered how Multimatic was going to deal with that time sink nightmare and still produce a good quantity of Heritage GT’s which everybody wants. The solution was to eleminate two of the colors. The genius of the exposed CF roundels instead of white and making the #9 blue instead of black is that only two colors need to be painted.

This new Heritage without the black stripes only requires two colors which will certainly speed things up and allow more Heritage cars to be built than would otherwise be possible.

Chip

Last edited: