MULTIMATIC TOUR --What to do?

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Hey Guys!
I'm heading to Toronto this Monday for the big tour and hopefully a glimpse of our car H100088 .
Just wanted to see if there are any suggestions for must do's or shoulda done's??
I'm from Canada so I'm more about the GT and Multimatic than being in Toronto--not a slight on all
you Torontonians! :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Guys!
I'm heading to Toronto this Monday for the big tour and hopefully a glimpse of our car H100088 .
Just wanted to see if there are any suggestions for must do's or shoulda done's??
I'm from Canada so I'm more about the GT and Multimatic than being in Toronto--not a slight on all

Greetings. The H in your serial # indicates it's a 2017. Are you sure it's not a J? (2018) The building is pretty small and you'll see it all other than the tub building area (you gotta be with DBK to see that!) Take your time and ask a lot of questions. The only thing I'd have done different is to think about and write down what I wanted to ask about before hand. I did think of a couple items after I left. All the best.

Chip

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Other than a really cool tour of the Multimatic production facility, I ate a bunch of good food and consumed a bit of alcohol! Went to the CN tower, ROM...but I was a tourist from Texas.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
look for my yellow #57 and tell em to get it on a truck! :) it's a great experience, enjoy!

Hey Guys!

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Greetings. The H in your serial # indicates it's a 2017. Are you sure it's not a J? (2018) The building is pretty small and you'll see it all other than the tub building area (you gotta be with DBK to see that!) Take your time and ask a lot of questions. The only thing I'd have done different is to think about and write down what I wanted to ask about before hand. I did think of a couple items after I left. All the best.

Chip

Hi Chip

I'm Lee. I brought the family with me to LeMans last year. I'm sure I saw you but didn't get the opportunity to chat.
My vin is 2FAGP9CWXJH100088. I thought I'd seen a decoder on the forum at one time but couldn't find it again to confirm
where the year is broken out? I was talking with Trent (Not4N) a couple weeks back and he mentioned something about the
"secret room" you might be able to see if you have the right person accompanying you?
And yes....food and beverage will be consumed, in moderation of course!

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
look for my yellow #57 and tell em to get it on a truck! :) it's a great experience, enjoy!

My concierge said they were loading up 4 cars on Monday. Ill look for it, but no pictures allowed :(
Do you know if there is any flexibility on that rule?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The J in your VIN indicates a 2018 model. Your abbreviated VIN is J088.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Have fun it is awesome. I agree, write down your questions before you go.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
In the hallway from the front desk to the production floor, is a large photograph of the "First 100". Some great stories of those cars and how the photos came to be. for example: ask how all the wheels, lug nuts and logo's got lined up perfectly the same in every photo:lol

And if you are courious about ANYTHING, ask. It will make your tour much more enjoyable because I gaurantee you couldn't have guessed the answer.

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Take multiple cameras and don’t take “no” for answer. Good luck and have fun!

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Thanks for all the suggestions...super excited to see the car! Did most of you plan your tours around being able to see your GT? How many days does it take to produce one car? I'm curious to find out what state it will be in. Does paint happen early in production or are painted panels attached closer to the end?
We're doing an off palette color and I'm not sure if I want to see that there, or wait for the big reveal when it gets home!!
BAT---can I quote you on the not taking "no" thing?? :)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
be careful with the Camera Idea. when I went it WAS NOT ALLOWED to take any photos with my own camera.
Maybe the rules have changed.... ????????
andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
In January the rules had not changed. No pictures.

The secret room, is the bonding room, where the roof, and other parts are bonded together. They wont show you that room, it is claimed that there are proprietary processes that they dont want seen.

As for paint, the roof is painted very early, and attached to the car before it makes it to station 1. Then the body panels are painted off site, and attached at station 5 or 6 (I dont quite remember).

+1 on the "first hundred" poster. Was amazing how many of the cars we knew whose they were.

Last edited:

Andre Q

GT Owner
May 24, 2016
Germany
No pictures in February. You would enjoy the visit. I travelled more then 14.000 Km to watch my GT and it was so worth. Have fun! May I ask which color you have choosen? Kind regards, André

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
You gotta try out their i-racing simulator!

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Too bad they don't have a camera they would allow you to use, then they could screen the photos and e-mail all the ones that are "okay" (I'll make a suggestion).
How long does the tour last? It sounds like I'm going to be there on a busy day for the guide, who somewhat also looks after shipping the cars?(4 on Monday)
I'm going to hold out telling you the color, but promise to share that when it arrives home

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Remember - when you finally take delivery of your car, Ford / Multimatic provide a set of very nice photos that they take of your car taken at various stages of assembly. 4 x 6 glossies.
This along with the full size window sticker with your car 'ghosted' into the center.
Then , several months after delivery , you receive a 17 inch by 24 inch, high gloss pic of your car as it is in the final inspection "light - tube room " at Multimatic.
The picture is printed on an Aluminum sheet ready to hang in your living room.
So , don't worry too much about photos , but concentrate on seeing your car in whatever build station it resides during your visit , but then also carefully note all the other vehicles ''before and after'' your car in build sequence at other stations.
this is part of the learning experience... be sure to breathe in the Aroma of the Assembly plant...!

andy (ajb)

Fastway

GT Owner
Dec 15, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Remember - when you finally take delivery of your car, Ford / Multimatic provide a set of very nice photos that they take of your car taken at various stages of assembly. 4 x 6 glossies.
This along with the full size window sticker with your car 'ghosted' into the center.
Then , several months after delivery , you receive a 17 inch by 24 inch, high gloss pic of your car as it is in the final inspection "light - tube room " at Multimatic.
The picture is printed on an Aluminum sheet ready to hang in your living room.
So , don't worry too much about photos , but concentrate on seeing your car in whatever build station it resides during your visit , but then also carefully note all the other vehicles ''before and after'' your car in build sequence at other stations.
this is part of the learning experience... be sure to breathe in the Aroma of the Assembly plant...!

andy (ajb)

Awesome info and advise —-Thanks Andy!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
you are very welcome!
enjoy your visit !
andy (ajb)

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
be careful with the Camera Idea. when I went it WAS NOT ALLOWED to take any photos with my own camera.
Maybe the rules have changed.... ????????
andy (ajb)

How about a mini-drone? :)