Ford Performance Clothing DBK question

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Why, Can't I find a US supplier for clothing like this.

Hell, I should just be able to walk to my parts department and order up any of this stuff. Maybe I'm uninformed idk!!!!

https://grandstandmerchandise.com/collections/ford-performance

I just purchased some stuff from the link. It's nice licensed clothing. Only sold in Europe, Although they shipped to states. Makes no sense at all.

Knock through the glass tower and find somebody who can get this right!!!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Some of it is available in the U.S.

http://www.cmgestores.com/FOR1/Group/Ford-GT-1912.htm

It's an extremely byzantine and stupid system. You won't get any argument from me there. If you weren't me and didn't know what I know, why would you ever find that above link? Dumb. Ask me how much fun it is getting licensed t-shirts made for the Rally.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Off topic (sorry), but knowing how DBK's avatar sometimes has cryptic significance, I have to ask: DBK, what is finished?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
These are pretty rad looking. I just need a NGT to match them... :)

1_49448_58484_4491a.jpg2_76782_95971_dfcm4488a.jpg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Off topic (sorry), but knowing how DBK's avatar sometimes has cryptic significance, I have to ask: DBK, what is finished?

Maybe the Golden Age?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well if you went to LeMans in 2016 you would already have just about every piece on that website..... ask me how I know.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well if you went to LeMans in 2016 you would already have just about every piece on that website..... ask me how I know.

+1

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
These are pretty rad looking. I just need a NGT to match them... :)

View attachment 50291View attachment 50292

$85 for a hat???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
$85 for a hat???

NO THOSE ARE $65.00 RACE STRIPES.

http://www.cmgestores.com/FOR1/Product/BLK-GT-Silhouette-Hat-FCM4491-49448.htm

LOL

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Ahhh of course. The stripe addition!’

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep I played hell finding the GT ecoboost shirt and finally bought it out of the UK. then they shipped me something else because they ran out and it defaulted to a different shirt. had to file a claim and get my money back. so, ended up with another shirt for free and then all of a sudden, they shipped me the correct shirt that I originally wanted. I don't get it. shouldn't have been that hard. and then getting licensed with Ford? been there, done that twice. $3,000.00 up front annually and they work the percentage off that if you use or not. then the new year starts, another $3000.00. But I have heard that GM is far worse to deal with. jmo

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Some of it is available in the U.S.

http://www.cmgestores.com/FOR1/Group/Ford-GT-1912.htm

It's an extremely byzantine and stupid system. You won't get any argument from me there. If you weren't me and didn't know what I know, why would you ever find that above link? Dumb. Ask me how much fun it is getting licensed t-shirts made for the Rally.

You found a little more GT gear than I.

But I went to your linked site and searched Mustang and they had one stinking tshirt! Certainly they are missing the mark with
branded clothing by a 1000 miles.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
way back several years ago, Dodge allowed the Viper Clubs to use the Viper logo's and make clothing as long as it had the Viper Club Region on the article. We were allowed to sell to the members only if I remember right. I don't remember ever having to pay a royalty or profits to Dodge. It was their was of helping the regional clubs raise money to make donations to charities.