4th year app?

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Dilly Dilly...No matter what I would do for my application, I could have an EMMY Video. I would not get chosen either.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Yea!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dilly Dilly...No matter what I would do for my application, I could have an EMMY Video. I would not get chosen either.

Funny... saying "Dilly Dilly" was grounds to be kicked out of the masters this last week... too funny/

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Got my first ride in a 2018 NGT and this cars performance is incredible. The ride included the all important freeway on ramp. Thanks to Chip for the awesome ride. The car's ride is very tame in Normal Mode and the AC works great which is a necessity here in Arizona. People drive by with their cell phone hanging out the window. The seat comfort was also good and those brakes are excellent. I was on the fence for applying again but if they do open up the application process again, I'am all in now that I got a ride.

Last edited:

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Got my first ride in a 2018 NGT and this cars performance is incredible. The ride included the all important freeway on ramp. Thanks to Chip for the awesome ride. The car's ride is very tame in Normal Mode and the AC works great which is a necessity here in Arizona. People drive by with their cell phone hanging out the window. The seat comfort was also good and those brakes are excellent. I was on the fence for applying again but if they do open up the application process again, I'am all in now that I got a ride.

Shhhh, don’t tell everyone, it worsens our odds for the last round of selections.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Shhhh, don’t tell everyone, it worsens our odds for the last round of selections.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Can’t wait! I hope it’s this fall. 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

New GT is horrible. Please no one apply.:secret:

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I'm going to hire Vince Hott to direct my video ;) lol

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Does anyone really question where they will read it first?

Late this year.

Any reason to believe the selection process will be any different for the remaining 250?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Any reason to believe the selection process will be any different for the remaining 250?

No.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm going to hire Vince Hott to direct my video ;) lol

Haha! I know the video is not everyone's favorite but Susan and I took the approach of having fun with it, and we did. Not sure if that comes across or not but that was how it went down. Susan reminded me when I was trying to put ideas down for the videos that we shouldn't pretend to be anything more than what we are. Otherwise the sincerity gets lost. My sentiment then and now is that we are a Ford Brand Ambassador Family through and through. My son's teachers have told us on several occasions that he tries to make every school paper and project about Henry Ford, FMC or the Ford GT. She says he's managed to turn the entire class into Ford loyalists. Haha!

The video's were all shot and edited by the local high school film club and even though I have no business being in front of a camera, they have a bright future behind one. Those students were fantastic. We all connected on what it means to be passionate and enthusiastic about something and to use video to get that across. I do have to admit that seeing yourself on camera doesn't do wonders for your ego, but through the magic of editing I actually look like I could remember what I was trying to say. HA! Reminds you why actors get paid the big bucks. (Special K this is where you step in and elaborate on that, Mr. Famous Actor.)

Good luck to everyone who chooses to apply on the next round of applications. I hope Ford will seriously consider our Forum members/05-06 Owners for ownership. I know that you all bring a tremendous amount value to the Ford Brand and to the GT community and legacy. Here's to more good news when the final 250 are notified. We are routing for all of you.

Vince H

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Haha! I know the video is not everyone's favorite but Susan and I took the approach of having fun with it, and we did. Not sure if that comes across or not but that was how it went down. Susan reminded me when I was trying to put ideas down for the videos that we shouldn't pretend to be anything more than what we are. Otherwise the sincerity gets lost. My sentiment then and now is that we are a Ford Brand Ambassador Family through and through. My son's teachers have told us on several occasions that he tries to make every school paper and project about Henry Ford, FMC or the Ford GT. She says he's managed to turn the entire class into Ford loyalists. Haha!

The video's were all shot and edited by the local high school film club and even though I have no business being in front of a camera, they have a bright future behind one. Those students were fantastic. We all connected on what it means to be passionate and enthusiastic about something and to use video to get that across. I do have to admit that seeing yourself on camera doesn't do wonders for your ego, but through the magic of editing I actually look like I could remember what I was trying to say. HA! Reminds you why actors get paid the big bucks. (Special K this is where you step in and elaborate on that, Mr. Famous Actor.)

Good luck to everyone who chooses to apply on the next round of applications. I hope Ford will seriously consider our Forum members/05-06 Owners for ownership. I know that you all bring a tremendous amount value to the Ford Brand and to the GT community and legacy. Here's to more good news when the final 250 are notified. We are routing for all of you.

Vince H

��������✌�� hehehe

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I do have to admit that seeing yourself on camera doesn't do wonders for your ego, but through the magic of editing I actually look like I could remember what I was trying to say. HA! Reminds you why actors get paid the big bucks. (Special K this is where you step in and elaborate on that, Mr. Famous Actor.)

Vince H

Not sure about famous... but I am reminded everyday it’s not as easy as it looks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Your in my company for sure

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I've done a few videos with someone else producing them. It ain't as easy as it looks.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I hope production doesn’t matter if I get select or not

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State

If it does, I'm toast.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Shot mine with my wife holding a cell phone in a parking lot (3rd yr). Pretty sure it doesn't matter.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would like to make a suggestion on those making application during the next go around of GT applications. When Got ready to make application 2 1/2 years ago I looked at a lot of homemade videos and was not too impressed with what I saw. Most were longer than 1 minute long and were probably not even seen because of their length. It is very difficult making a good, short, informative video that comes across very well. Hell were not movie people or professionals in the video business. I put together of a 1 minute picture montage with background music and some captions that were to the point and told a one minute story of my life and background with Ford, racing, places I’ve gone with my 06 GT as well as people I know and have met at important Ford GT Forum events. Check it out on YouTube under (Tomy GT Video 2) and check it out. This is just a suggestion to those who I would like to see owning a New GT and really all I can do to help! Good luck on those making applications. I did get some nice comments from Ford Concierges on my short GT montage, video. Best Wishes to All!