4th year app?

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Any further info on 4th year applications? Last I heard was early this year.

#livingonaprayer2020

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Last I heard it would be the July 2018 Time frame. Selling Dealers may know. That would be only 3 months away !
andy (ajb)

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
ANDY YOU WILL READ IT EVERYWHERE BEFORE THE DEALERS KNOW, THATS HOW IT WORKS THESE DAYS.

Too many dealers couldn’t keep secrets,

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Does anyone really question where they will read it first?

Late this year.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
It’s bitter sweet waiting.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

Nope.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Late this year.

The man has spoken.

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
The man has spoken.

I know where the answer will come from, and I still check every day. Not that I'm obsessed or anything...ok, so yeah, I'm obsessed, but I believe I'm in good company here.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX

Late this year.

Never, thanks!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Uggg only 250 left!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It only takes one to win, folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Patience grasshoppers. Hope to do a better job on my application this time. I will be seeking some help when it comes time. Nothing like getting two once in a lifetime opportunity's. Going to make this one count.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Good luck to you all and congrats to those who have (or are on the list to get) one!

I love my 05 and don't like the odds or the process... "Singing for ones dinner" in hopes of impressing Ford marketing exec's is not a game I'll play again.

Love the new car but it's not for me. Again, very best of luck to all who participate.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Without the process the GTs our members are driving or will be someday would all still be on dealers showroom floor at 1 million+

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I don't necessarily agree but I also didn't mean to reopen any discussion on Ford's process. It's their process and they have every right to sell cars as they see fit.

What I meant was, I applied and did not qualify - even as an alternate - the first time around when the odds were roughly 1 in 7. Now, if there are no new applicants the odds are more like 1 in 50. But it's not really 1 in 50, someone in Ford marketing has their thumb on the scale (again, completely their prerogative) where elaborate videos or other criteria also tip the scales.

That's just not me... And knowing how disappointed I was the first time around, I'm not going to subject myself to that again. If I'm not one of the top 750 in Ford's NFGT world, I've come to accept that's ok with me. And while I've bought a new F150 and a new GT350R since the last lottery, I'm under no illusions those acts have "earned" me status in the next 250 of Ford's top 1000 in the world...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Joe... hello... I will surmise that 3 - 4 years from now you will buy one on the 'open market' from someone in Alaska or Colorado...!
andy (ajb)

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Don’t give up yet Joe. Ford just wants to make sure the NGT gets into hands of those that will help show it to the world. I think that’s a great selection criteria. Don’t lose hope.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That's just not me... And knowing how disappointed I was the first time around, I'm not going to subject myself to that again. If I'm not one of the top 750 in Ford's NFGT world, I've come to accept that's ok with me. And while I've bought a new F150 and a new GT350R since the last lottery, I'm under no illusions those acts have "earned" me status in the next 250 of Ford's top 1000 in the world...

I understand how you felt after the first application process as I too was on the “deferred” list. Since then however, I have been fortunate enough to be invited by this forum and its members (that I am now proud to call my friends) to events around the world meeting people like the Fords, AJ Foyt and countless others involved in some way with the new GT. None of this would have happened if not for that process, as it gave me the determination to be a part of the Ford GT’s story.
Our odds are longer and a new GT might not be in my future, but the memories and friendships made far out way the car and the disappointment experienced in the first round.
If you feel as strongly as the way I do about the car and the adventures surrounding it, then I’d strongly recommend you reapply. In the long run, you would be more disappointed that you didn’t apply more so than being told no...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I separate the Forum and its members, friends and events from the NFGT lottery. Long live the forum and when I finish here in AK, I hope to attend many more events. In my 05 "O"FGT!