New GT reviewed by Matt Farah

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Car and Driver reviewed the flagship Lexus when it initially came to market and found it supremely capable but with a disturbing lack of soul. Perhaps the new NSX suffers a similar assessment. It is capable, but not compelling, and way too late for those who have long been eager for the next generation NSX of the much beloved original.
In the meantime, advantage Ford. Again.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The hybrid and AWD systems in the NSX were removed to make it a race car.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Love the sound!, Great road too!, cannot wait!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Acura sacrificed the looks of their flagship performance car on the altar of brand identity.

That is an interesting way of looking at it. It also probably does not help that the NSX engine bay design looks like a carbon fiber French drain.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Good video!

Regarding the new NSX, Matt Farah is a huge fan. His take home summary after driving was "it's f--king spectacular!" and the blurb under the video was:
"The NSX is one of the most unbelievable sports cars of 2017; it's incredibly fast and composed, and though it's a Hybrid with a brake-by-wire system, the overall package is shockingly quick, driver-focused, and exhilarating.
*NOTE* In this video, Matt says "0-60 under 4," when in fact, Matt means "0-60 under 3." The quoted figure from Acura is 2.8 Seconds. "

See his NSX video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkUHSt35vE

Unfortunately for anyone that hasn't gotten a new NSX yet, the big Acura financing incentive is over. Loaded NSXs are 200K or more with no incentive (but maybe some dealer discount off msrp)

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Loaded NSXs are 200K or more with no incentive (but maybe some dealer discount off msrp)

Oh, the incentives will return, and dealers will negotiate heavily. The can't afford to floorplan $200k boat anchors on the showroom floors. I had one for a week or so, Took Ed Sims out for a spin in it, but as fast and entertaining as it was, it was just too sterile to be interesting. There's a reason why they aren't selling at $200k. Now at $100k, as a GTR competitor, they get a lot more interesting.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I like Matt's reviews, and this one especially! Wish I could hear one in person, still havent seen one!! Whos coming to Austin soon? Sanjay, whens your delivery?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sanjay, whens your delivery?
Order freeze in Oct-Nov, so probably early '19.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oh, the incentives will return, and dealers will negotiate heavily. The can't afford to floorplan $200k boat anchors on the showroom floors. I had one for a week or so, Took Ed Sims out for a spin in it, but as fast and entertaining as it was, it was just too sterile to be interesting. There's a reason why they aren't selling at $200k. Now at $100k, as a GTR competitor, they get a lot more interesting.

Not only did Dr V8 take me out in the new NSX but I was able to drive it a little on city streets. Nice car but not worth the bucks. Porsche GT3 Touring for less bucks would be way better!

Ed