ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I know not everybody here is a fan of Matt Farah. I’ve only met him once. Matt challenged me to a top speed contest at Spring Mountain when he had a Balboni Edition Lambo there for an episode of The Smoking Tire. (the Ford GT won of course). He was very cordial though and a genuine auto enthusiast. I like his review because it displays the joy and exileration the new GT delivers every time one drives it. Every 30 seconds I find myself thinking, “Holy shit this thing is amazing!!!!”. Every drive is an event.

And for enthusiasts who don’t own one, how much fun would it be to have somebody else’s GT for 7 unsupervised hours?!? Have fun and try not to destroy it!!!!

Chip

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That was fun to watch.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Loved it!!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Just watched that guy revert to being 10 yrs old. What a road!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just watched that guy revert to being 10 yrs old. What a road!

Looks like some of the roads we drove during Rally 2.

Chip

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I love it when he said that his palms were getting sweaty when driving it. Funny...the EXACT same thing was happening to me just watching him drive it!

The sound, the look, the feel. What a glorious, glorious car!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
think he was happy.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Another great driving video for the NGT. Thanks for posting. He did make reference that this might be the highest mileage NGT at 6,000+ miles but Flagstaff GT is over 10,000 miles. He might be driving the hardest driven 6,000 mile NGT.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That was neat! I like Matt.

Ed

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Again, I know Matt for about 15 years now. He's a real car nut, knows his stuff, and loves the 05-06 car, and seems that now, he loves the NGT even more. His enthusiasm really comes through, the entire video. The car sounds fantastic, and I think he "gets it". It's not in the same class, as the luxury exotics, it's in a class of 1, and obviously, comes in first!!!!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A mere 6600 miles? Sort of like a virgin.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Can't wait!

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
I'd sure hope its faster than an NSX. Those things are slow.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver

573 hp and 0-60 in 3.0 secs is slow? c'mon now

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Certainly a tough customer. I think the NSX is a fine car and like the Corvette, it’s a deal. Right now there are massive dealer incentives which can bring a negotiated price well below 150k. It’s well made and looks great from any angle except the front. The grill of the NSX is way too busy and at a glance it looks like any other Acura. I believe that single item is what has killed sales of the NSX. Imagine the Ford GT with a grill that looked a lot like a Fusion or Taurus. Acura sacrificed the looks of their flagship performance car on the altar of brand identity.

Still, you can buy almost 4 NSX’s for the price of a well optioned GT. If you like the way it looks, and I’m not a fan there, it would be a good buy.

Chip

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Certainly a tough customer. I think the NSX is a fine car and like the Corvette, it’s a deal.

Well, considering that a good old fashioned, RWD, stick shift C7 Grand Sport with the optional track pack can turn lap times as good or better than the hypercomplicated NSX, that would make it a far better deal, though that may be changing somewhat with the massive discounts we're seeing at Acura dealers. The supercharged Z06 is in a different league.

The tech is seamlessly integrated into the NSX, and it's a great driving car, but it's really no quicker than a 460 hp Vette around a track, nor is it meaningfully more fuel efficient, except in traffic. The Vette actually gets better highway mileage when cruising along in V4 mode.

I was hoping the NSX would be a budget 918, but the performance is only average by today's high standards.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
573 hp and 0-60 in 3.0 secs is slow? c'mon now
"...around a racetrack" isn't 0-60. c'mon now! :rofl

And yes. "around a racetrack" an NSX is slower than a fricken Mustang (350R) with less power, a manual trans, a torsen diff, no torque vectoring, no dct, no awd.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It’s hard to believe that it’s been 8 years since Matt was our guest at the “Stig’s Day Out”event that Doug Tabbutt and I hosted for the GT Owners. He was amazed with our GT’s back then. Even more impressed today!