VIN Tags on Body Panels

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Looking at a GT350R. No VIN tag stickers were on the body panels like my 1995 Cobra R. Did Ford stop putting VIN stickers on the panels to identify original panels?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looking at a GT350R. No VIN tag stickers were on the body panels like my 1995 Cobra R. Did Ford stop putting VIN stickers on the panels to identify original panels?

They did many years ago except ford gt in 2005. Mustangs in 05 did not have them.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Ok thanks!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan

If you're looking at a whole car is one thing. if you're looking at parts only, be cautious on the source of the parts. a few GT350Rs stolen and stripped out of the Flatrock plant. too much of that stuff is for sale here in the Detroit area. just sayin

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Thanks Scott. Yes that’s one of the reasons why I brought this up. And it’s interesting that I haven’t heard from any GT350 owners from other forums whether or not they have VIN stickers on the individual body panels. The R that I’m looking to buy doesn’t have anything.