Texas Mile

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Heading to Victoria with Spaceman to see if Mark can break 300. Anyone else going?

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
When is it?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Today through Sunday

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
They seem to be having problems with speed timing equipment today as per FB posts which is got everyone pissed!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Heading to Victoria with Spaceman to see if Mark can break 300. Anyone else going?

Our Victoria Car Club will be there.. weare doing breakfast and parading over to VIP parking "Shine and Show" look for my 2005 Quicksilver GT

Would love to meet you all! 713 253 6598cell

Mar 15, 2006
You might get a chance to see history made if you are there tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Best of luck to the M2K team.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
You might get a chance to see history made if you are there tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Best of luck to the M2K team.

Please keep us posted when history is made... 🛤 🏎 🏁

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
That’s why I went today, oh well as long as they break 300 safely that’s all that matters.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So what happened today?

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Texas mile last run 3-25-18

So what happened today?

Last run of the day, Lamborghini crosses line at 255 deploys shoot strong crosswind catches shoot flipping and spinning vehicle. Lands on roof. Jaws of life and driver cut out... walks away and transported to hospital to be checked out.

MK MOTORSPORTS in GT TOP SPEED this weekend was 274.

Til October!

Doug

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hope we hear the story of this attempt. Last year's 296.6 run had a 219.5 half mile. This year, a shakedown run focused on the half turned a 229.4 half (and 162.9 quarter!!!), so things were looking very promising.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I hope we hear the story of this attempt. Last year's 296.6 run had a 219.5 half mile. This year, a shakedown run focused on the half turned a 229.4 half (and 162.9 quarter!!!), so things were looking very promising.

I believe Mark mentioned that they were 10 mph faster on Saturday at the 1/2 mile. Only one run that I saw on Saturday and we missed Sunday. But Mark or Kevin would explain better. Winds have been BRUTAL here! I live 35 minutes from the airport.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

In October my Glasair III will be back in the air so I'll get to fly out to see the event. I hoped the 300 mark would be broken at this event BUT.....there is an upside for those of us who couldn't make it there last weekend. All the best.

Chip

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
The M2K Ford GT had some positive things to take from the event this past weekend. The first shakedown pass was a full 1/2 mile run to a speed of 229mph which was 10mph faster to the half than the record setting 293mph pass back in March of 2017. We got ready to make another pass on Sunday and run for the record but was only able to reach a speed of 266mph. Naoto Negishi working his magic on the MoTec realized the #8 cylinder was not firing. Running out of time we make a plug change and all seems well. Rush to the line and the car runs a 274mph pass which once again has the #8 cylinder shutting down at 100mph. We believe to have a coil pack issue but unfortunately we ran out of time and with no spare parts we decided to call it an event and come back in October.

A little disappointed but the folks at M2K worked their tails off and did a great job for the customers as well as the shop car. Very thankful for all the help from those that were there and it was all very much appreciated. We look forward to the Mile in October and will take another run at the elusive 300MPH number. We know the car has the power, we just need the track time to put the number up. Our disadvantage is, we only race these 2 events per year (March and October) but if we were to do some type of "private" track rental we would for sure have more opportunities. I just sort of feel an allegiance to the Texas Mile folks for wanting to do it in front of a crowd and at there event with all the fans and supporters we have put on a show for so many years and I think back to our late friend, Ray Hofman who got me started doing this many years back at the Texas Mile in Goliad, Texas.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker
M2K Motorsports

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
At KSC you could do 450 if you use their timing equipment