Can a NGT Fit in a "Normal" Trailer

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
YES, but with a few requirements. In this case, the mirrors were off, for PPF, not sure how, or if, that will factor in. You better have a good spotter, there is just over an inch and a half or so each side. Next better make sure your arms, and your body are able to reach the clip down points that are under the car (I use a 3 point tie down). You have to be able to reach from the top. You cant reach under, while lying down on floor of the trailer, either around the wheel, or under the car. Lastly, you have to be able to fit through the window (I dont have a side door). The height of the window, is SMALL. I raised the steering wheel to the top, and pushed forward all the way, then put my feet in the passenger seat (shoes off), to start the lift out. Done it twice now, not bad at all. Note this is not for everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_115629304_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180311_115629304_HDR.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20180311_115641391_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180311_115641391_HDR.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_20180311_115704533.jpg
    IMG_20180311_115704533.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 397

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ballsy.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
For me..."Calling Mike at Reliable, calling Mike, calling Mike..."
Andy (ajb):):)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The new GT fits fine in my later version Trailex.. I winch in and drive off

Attachments

• 20171114_181705.jpg
    20171114_181705.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 20171114_181653.jpg
    20171114_181653.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 371

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Dude. That is tight Andy.

Vince H

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This is why I ordered this over 2+ years ago. I figured positive thinking "design and order it and you WILL get one (NFGT)" LOL.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32392-New-Trailer?highlight=mission

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Damn that's tight, I feel much better about my purchase of an 85" wide trailer already although sadly I am still GTless. I would also be worried with the walls so close to the car. My friend had his R mustang slide sideways and hit the trailer wall because the cross strap wasn't properly tightened, it didn't move much but enough to hit the trailer wall.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Here's the trailer configuration I like for tying down our cars using e-track. Easy access through the sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S36mOMULWEo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Steve, I agree, but we own this one, and I guess I'm stubborn and wanted to know if it worked.

Brian that is a great option as well.

Cobra498, that was one major factor of why I changed our trailer to the 3 point over the wheel (full length e track), vs frame or thru the wheel method. Even if one strap comes out of the e track, there is a positive hold of the wheel in either lateral direction. The cross strap allows the car to wander.

To awesome, that is a nice option too!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Steve, I agree, but we own this one, and I guess I'm stubborn and wanted to know if it worked.

Brian that is a great option as well.

Cobra498, that was one major factor of why I changed our trailer to the 3 point over the wheel (full length e track), vs frame or thru the wheel method. Even if one strap comes out of the e track, there is a positive hold of the wheel in either lateral direction. The cross strap allows the car to wander.

To awesome, that is a nice option too!

I wasn't prompting you to by a new trailer. I know you are not a rookie :) .. My post was more for guys who have trailex trailers to let hem know they will fit in the later models, mine was built in 2015..

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Hauled mine to clear bra installer in single car trailer. Winched the car in (nice and slow) and had about 4” at door opening. Once in I had about 10”. My side trailer door is big and after I had it were i wanted it and tied down I tried opening the door and was surprised it could be opened about 80%, this was plenty of room for me to exit the car if I drive it in. It will take someone on the outside to hold the door but can be done. Haven’t tried it in the stacker trailer yet but have my fingers crossed, afraid the lift posts may be close and the door is 6” smaller. Plan to make dry run next week to see if all the clearances will work.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Andy, is that the same trailer you've been using for your 2005 GT?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
YES, but with a few requirements. In this case, the mirrors were off, for PPF, not sure how, or if, that will factor in. You better have a good spotter, there is just over an inch and a half or so each side. Next better make sure your arms, and your body are able to reach the clip down points that are under the car (I use a 3 point tie down). You have to be able to reach from the top. You cant reach under, while lying down on floor of the trailer, either around the wheel, or under the car. Lastly, you have to be able to fit through the window (I dont have a side door). The height of the window, is SMALL. I raised the steering wheel to the top, and pushed forward all the way, then put my feet in the passenger seat (shoes off), to start the lift out. Done it twice now, not bad at all. Note this is not for everyone.

Gentlemen,

Let me give you a summary of Andy’s post above.............

NO!!!!

Chip

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Why would anyone trailer the ngt? It is made for driving.

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
No doubt, but we just had a huge nor’easter storm and the roads here in Massachusetts are pretty salty. I suspect Andy is getting his car wrapped and wants to keep it as clean as possible beforehand. Am sure he will be driving it plenty once there are better conditions.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes I have had this trailer since the mid 90's

Andy, is that the same trailer you've been using for your 2005 GT?

Some us sadly dont live in AZ. Weather here has been horrible. Alex is correct.

I suspect Andy is getting his car wrapped and wants to keep it as clean as possible beforehand..

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

That's a good one. Coming from the one with the record driving AND tow truck miles.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Can a NGT Fit in a "Normal" Trailer

One important thing to remember... the NFGT ‘electric’ brakes will automatically lock the brakes and put the car in park after 30 minutes.

To move the car after that ... You MUST be able to 1) turn the ignition on 2) put your foot on the brake 3) put the car in neutral and release the brake.

MAKE SURE you leave the window open. If not... you may lock yourself out. I also release the trunk so I can get at the Transmission release lever if needed.

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
One important thing to remember... the NFGT ‘electric’ brakes will automatically lock the brakes and put the car in park after 30 minutes.

To move the car after that ... You MUST be able to 1) turn the ignition on 2) put your foot on the brake 3) put the car in neutral and release the brake.

MAKE SURE you leave the window open. If not... you may lock yourself out. I also release the trunk so I can get at the Transmission release lever if needed.

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

Smart!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That’s nerve-racking to me!
But I’ll probably do it