Any Midnight Blue, QuickSilver or Black cars available?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hi all,

I've been looking for a while now.

Just wondering if there are any good Midnight Blue , QuickSilver or Black/Silver cars out there for sale? I'm looking for a no stories, no repairs, 1 owner car with less than 10,000 miles on her and all documentation. Looking for a sub $285k price.

I'm sure it might not be out there but I thought I might ask.

PM me if you have any leads.

QSS

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
It's out there. Although I'm not the guy to tell you exactly where, based on my own experience about a year ago, what you seek will be found : )

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Yes they are out there. I just purchased a 2005 Quicksilver. There has been one on the net (DuPont Registry’s) for 349. It is now headed to Mecum March 17/18. Having said that most recent auctions the cars were at the 295-300 range before buyers premium.

I was finally able to get mine out after 2 weeks due to weather... well worth the wait! Wish you the best!! Good luck! !

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll keep looking.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Can you guys please remind me:

Who do I call to get a PPI done on a car when I find one? I remember reading about a guy who helped build most of these cars and he regularly fly's around the country inspecting FGT's for potential purchasers. I remember reading a thread about him but I cant find that thread.

Who was that guy?

QSS

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Who do I call to get a PPI done on a car when I find one? I remember reading about a guy who helped build most of these cars and he regularly fly's around the country inspecting FGT's for potential purchasers. I remember reading a thread about him but I cant find that thread.

Who was that guy?

QSS

Rich Brooks (thegtguy)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Who was that guy?

QSS

You're talking about....

Rich Brooks
The GT Guy
(734) 658-9498

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I sent you a message just now.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
"I sent you a message just now."

Thanks. PM sent back.

QSS

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Rich Brooks (thegtguy)

You're talking about....

Rich Brooks
The GT Guy
(734) 658-9498

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Chip. Haven't seen you around the Shelby forums for a few years. Kinda miss your input there.

QSS

Aug 28, 2017
Pm sent, thx

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
PM received. Will call.

QSS

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Yup, just what I'm looking for. Only thing is, I just don't think I have it in me to buy a car like this from an auction house. If I'm spending $250k+ I want to be able to have a good look at it and fly an expert in to give me the facts about the car.

How do you get the complete picture on a car such as this when it's waiting to cross the block?

QSS

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Typical auction quandary and not my favorite purchase venue either.

Don't totally despair however, many VERY expensive and exclusive cars are sold this way.

In this specific case, recommend you contact Mecum directly, specifically Ben Mecum, who has been very helpful in similar situations.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
This same car has been listed for a long while now at $349,000. It’s priced 49,000 more than the cars have been auctioning for in the last 1-2 months. Of course less buyers premium adding another $30,000.

I networked here and found my Quicksilver at a very fair price. Couldn’t be much happier. On another note if you see a vehicle and are considering it get the phone number and reach out to Rich. There may be service records for you to peruse.

Good luck!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
This same car has been listed for a long while now at $349,000. It’s priced 49,000 more than the cars have been auctioning for in the last 1-2 months. Of course less buyers premium adding another $30,000.

I networked here and found my Quicksilver at a very fair price. Couldn’t be much happier. On another note if you see a vehicle and are considering it get the phone number and reach out to Rich. There may be service records for you to peruse.

Good luck!
Thanks for your thoughts Doug. Your help is appreciated.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
The $70,000 difference in US dollars is about $3 million difference in Canadian dollars :lol

QSS

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
If your in Canada. Check with Lengendary Motor Car in Ontario. They had a silver 6 weeks ago and sold it. It was listed at 299. They have a red now at 279 and a Tungsten at 349.

Best of luck

Doug

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
GT GUYS !!!