Fan works-no hot air?

TomL

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Glen Ellen Ca
The hot air control does not work. The fan comes on, but no heat.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I bet it is the blend door.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
heater

This should help.

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 268

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The temperature blend door seems to get lazy, perhaps from lack of use. I wanted some heat for the first time in years and didn't get any. I cycled the control several times and after the car warmed it came back to life. Give it a try if you haven't already. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
PSA:

Cycle through every a/c function and temperature setting every time you drive the car.

TomL

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Glen Ellen Ca
Thanks everyone for responding. I cycled the heat & A/C multiple times, & all is working correctly. Thanks again!

Tomcat

GT Owner
The temperature blend door seems to get lazy, perhaps from lack of use. I wanted some heat for the first time in years and didn't get any. I cycled the control several times and after the car warmed it came back to life. Give it a try if you haven't already. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Okay...hijack, I cycled through all the settings and still no heat. Cooling works GREAT! What is the next step/troubleshoot for a lazy mix door? (without taking apart the dash.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Okay...hijack, I cycled through all the settings and still no heat. Cooling works GREAT! What is the next step/troubleshoot for a lazy mix door? (without taking apart the dash.

Same on mine. Cycled thru everything multiple times; no heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcat

GT Owner
Is there a part number for the actuator? Is this accessible if/when I'm doing the airbags?

Last edited: