Extended Lug Nuts

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
As most of you know If you get CF wheels and you go to base Wheels the extra long studs need an open lug nut or something special. Now there's a stylish option.

As some of you know I went SEMA with ADV 1 Wheels. They had to contend with this issue. Since this is a highly visible trade show they didn't want to have some ugly open lug nuts and expose studs so they came up with this elegant solution. One of the subsidiaries of the main company is Tikore titanium products..

They created this extra deep security lug nut out of titanium , very stylish comes with a pentagon safety key...

I just got my backup set of Base Wheels so I did a test fit. They look great! Attached is Charlie Fallon's information if you're interested in

3/6/19 Charlie is no longer there. They also made me a set of open lugs

a set..4972449724497254972649727

Last edited:

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
awesome, I'll need a set as well, thanks for the info!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I went with the titanium nuts with the end removed. Very racing looking. Also for many true race track they want to see the stud through the lug nut.
Personally I like the look better.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I went with the titanium nuts with the end removed. Very racing looking. Also for many true race track they want to see the stud through the lug nut.
Personally I like the look better.

They also make a very nice and light titanium open lug nut. Shown on the left side of the picture...

Attachments

• 20171122_172530.jpg
    20171122_172530.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 364

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Nice.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Brian what is the thread size and inside depth. Will get a set for the GT but need some for the 350R as well, 14x1.5 x 2.75 inside depth

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Saw these at SEMA very nice hardware!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian what is the thread size and inside depth. Will get a set for the GT but need some for the 350R as well, 14x1.5 x 2.75 inside depth

Hello Carl, it appears they share the same thread diameter and pitch. These nuts are very deep it's really hard to get an accurate depth reading on the threaded section . there's an empty pocket at the base. Feel free to email Charlie he can give you the exact details..

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Excellent Brian. I’m ordering a set. Question.....Ti lugnuts are easier to damage than steel lugnuts correct? Should I order two sets? Thanks.

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Excellent Brian. I’m ordering a set. Question.....Ti lugnuts are easier to damage than steel lugnuts correct? Should I order two sets? Thanks.

Chip

If you drop them they will probably show some kind of mark equal to other types. I can say this. I have taken on and off the OEM Ti lug nuts and the Tikore 3 or 4 times. The OEM TI lug nuts show a slight mare contact patch on the flat areas and I use an Aluminum socket on them . The TiKore pentagon design locks up on the ridges and doesn't show any signs of marring like the OEM lugs.

With that said the OEM Ford Ti lug nuts have a very unique two piece design that I've never seen before . The conical seat spins / swivels independently from the threaded nut section. Once the conical part of the nut hits the wheel it stops spinning . You don't get those scoring marks in the conical seat part of the wheel. The OEM conical seating section on the CF wheels looks larger than normal I not sure I would not recommend using anything other than the OEM supplied nuts on the CF wheels... I need to take a closer look and measure them side by side..