• 3762E438-EF27-40CE-A190-D7D7427A49C8.jpg
    3762E438-EF27-40CE-A190-D7D7427A49C8.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 741

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Say it ain't So....The Corvette faster than our beloved new FordGT ? Something must have gone wrong with the timer....

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Waiting for Luke Warmwater to chime in. LOL

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Things might get quite interesting once Chevy launches the C8, especially if they offer a blown V8, mid-engine.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Better add more boost .

Cool. So can we count you out on wanting a new GT?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
need to take a comp spec back there and put an end to this BS once and for all.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011

no. get me to the top of the list I would love to add more boost if I got one. I not going to lie we own a ford store and chevy store and if the vette goes mid engine and I don't get the ford I might consider going down that road. I am a loyal ford guy now but I like cool cars.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013

Not sure that was called for.
I would like to think that we are ALL car people!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not sure that was called for.
I would like to think that we are ALL car people!

What's uncalled for about it?

TS has a...colorful history.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
no. get me to the top of the list I would love to add more boost if I got one.

Wrong car for you my man. Not a good car for street racing/modding.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
No surprises here, there will ALWAYS be faster, bigger, better. Start chasing that dragon and you'll be full of regret with your purchase every time the next big thing comes down the pipe. At some point, you just gotta decide what you are after and enjoy it for what it is. Wish I would learn to follow my own advice...

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Without you chasing different dreams, we wouldn't have all the great write-ups, so for you I say, thank you, and go for it. If that new vette comes out, rent it, flog it, and write about it. But this time, remember to keep the GT.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Yawn. Let's talk when they, or anyone else, put together a car to win Le Mans.. wins Le Mans.. and then puts that exact (almost) car on the street.

No comparison.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Without you chasing different dreams, we wouldn't have all the great write-ups, so for you I say, thank you, and go for it. If that new vette comes out, rent it, flog it, and write about it. But this time, remember to keep the GT.

Amen, brother. My new strategy is to have the "permanent collection" which consists of a grand total of one car: my stupendously fast '05 GT. The rotating collection is the cannon fodder; currently consisting of a delectable Audi R8 V10 Plus and a spankin' new GT350. Thing is, only one of them will go 230.328 mph...

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Yawn. Let's talk when they, or anyone else, put together a car to win Le Mans.. wins Le Mans.. and then puts that exact (almost) car on the street.

No comparison.

Let's not forget the history story behind our Ford GT either. Can't compare in my book. Thank you Ford for for-filling our dream car.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
This is just comparing a single lap correct?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yeah, and different purposes too. The GT's time was set on an informal warm up lap during which the tires needed to be preserved for the magazine driver. The ZR1 time was set during a lap-record assault. In any event, the cars would really need to be lapped the same day by the same driver to make any meaningful comparison. It doesn't matter which one is quicker around the track as far as I'm concerned. Both are American icons, but only one is a Ford homologation car with a storied racing history after only 2 seasons.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yeah, and different purposes too. The GT's time was set on an informal warm up lap during which the tires needed to be preserved for the magazine driver. The ZR1 time was set during a lap-record assault. In any event, the cars would really need to be lapped the same day by the same driver to make any meaningful comparison. It doesn't matter which one is quicker around the track as far as I'm concerned. Both are American icons, but only one is a Ford homologation car with a storied racing history after only 2 seasons.

I was talking with Billy Johnson about this.. as you state he was just making sure the car was right for the magazine,, he can go way faster.. but the Vette does have some big power but who cares.. this thread is a rehash,, been discussed before for you part timers.. :)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I’ll take a new GT any day, but it is a great time to be a car guy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I was talking with Billy Johnson about this.. as you state he was just making sure the car was right for the magazine,, he can go way faster.. but the Vette does have some big power but who cares.. this thread is a rehash,, been discussed before for you part timers.. :)

Yes, Billy did say he could go faster. He was wearing a T-shirt taking cell phone pics while doing this lap.