Carmel & Cntrl Ca
that doesn't sound like it would be sanitary... :ack

by the way... Dave doesn't wear boots!

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Well I can live with the corvette being faster on VIR and I really do not care about how a ferrari interior looks like because I like a Ford GT (new and old) better than any other car!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anyways, sorry if I seem terse but the thing is, this car is what it is, it exists for the reasons it exists, and they will be building it as such until the completion of the program. If the standard is "you better do X..." because any car is faster, you gotta bail out of this thing now. I also just have to roll my eyes at the standards that get applied because of the badges on the front of various cars. My guess is there isn't a lot of clamoring for upgrades to a 488 or 720S because of a Corvette, and the reality is the GT is immeasurably more special than both of those cars, especially considered by the standards they use to judge their own product.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
well on a side note we woke up the crowd.

62 replies

I fell like I contributed now lol

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I think if W. Mitty agrees to do a write up, he'd pretty much be assured to make the list.

From your lips to God's ears, as they say. Except in this case I guess it's Ford who will dispense the miracle. :)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
From your lips to God's ears, as they say. Except in this case I guess it's Ford who will dispense the miracle. :)

Still waiting on that review of your TT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Still waiting on that review of your TT!!

Its coming, I promise. Got a few super cool custom parts coming in this month and then I promise to bore you to tears...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You must have a lot of time on your hands LOL.. and I by the way stand by my belief that the Speciale is far prettier inside and out than the new Ford GT. I have seen several now in the flesh. No contest in my opinion (AS I SAID BEFORE OR CAN YOU NOT INTERPRET?).

All of this certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't like to own one,,, and I will. Trust me somebody will sell in a few years. I can wait. And I certainly am not going to go begging Ford with some sophomoric essay about how I would love to own one and take it to bed with me if they would just sell me one, pretty please pretty please pretty please.

That entire episode turned me off. But.... to each his own. As to performance as you can see from this thread there are already cars out there beating the NFGT... so what? Hell I will challenge the NFGT on a 1/4 mile run with a Tesla P180D in ludicrous mode. Wanna drag? What the hell would that prove anyway?

Sorry I disturbed your Chip. Carry on! :)

Gentlemen,

I’ve been down in the bottom of the Grand Canyon for the last three days and I missed all of this fun. There isn’t too much I can add at this point but I will make a few observations. I own a number of watches. One of them is an Omega Speedmaster. The same watch Neil Armstrong wore on the moon. I need to wind it and it’s not as accurate as a $49 Casio G-Shock plastic watch. “Performance talks and bullshit walks” individuals who don’t understand what makes that $3500 Omega Speedmaster special are Casio guys.

A few years ago Honda sold a street legal version of their MotoGP race bike (RC213 VS). They cost $184,000 and in order to make them legal in the U.S. they were restricted to 7000 RPM and they had less horsepower than any modern open class super bike that cost under 15K. The people who bought those GP replicas understood what made them special.

The Speciale is a good looking car. Until you park it next to my yellow NFGT at any car show. Then the Speciale looks like a Beetle with it’s big tall greenhouse, goofy front headlights, and rediculous outside rear view mirrors. When my GT is parked next to a 458, 488, or Speciale the crowd reaction says it all. Compared to the GT all three of those cars look a bit homely.

And as far as buying one on the open market in a couple years you will certainly have that opportunity. And I doubt it will cost you the 2.5 million that Ron’s car sold for at B-J Scottsdale. But I predict you’ll still have to sell that Speciale plus 3 or 4 more just like it to pay the million+ dollars a used NFGT will set you back.

The marketplace is where “Special talks and bullshit walks” and there that Speciale isn’t all that special is it? You judge it to be better inside and out so fill your garage with 4, 5, or 6 of those for the price of an open market new GT.

Oh, and this Chip isn’t disturbed (pun intended). I had been deeply involved in the Ford GT world for a decade before Ford announced a new GT. Most of the other members who got new GT’s have been as well. Kissing somebody’s ass after the new GT was announced didn’t get anybody a new GT. Being involved for many years before it was announced and being a loyal Ford buyer was the ticket in. We know what makes them special and it’s not a 0-60 or lap time. And if you’re honest with yourself you know the new GT is special in a way no 488 or Speciale ever will be. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Gentlemen,

I’ve been down in the bottom of the Grand Canyon for the last three days and I missed all of this fun.

Chip

I feel like I have been at the bottom of the Grand Canyon how this thread has turned . LMAO ....... carry on . 3k now

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Haha. Others fly over and just have a rental :cool

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you Chip

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Couldn't have summed it up better, Chip. The 458/488/Speciale/720S are a dime a dozen here in Scottsdale. The attention I've witnessed your NFGT get at some of the biggest (quality) car shows and events in the country is immeasurable. Even my 2 year old daughter picks out Chip's GT as her favorite :wink And your NFGT is still the only one I've seen in the wild.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Couldn't have summed it up better, Chip. The 458/488/Speciale/720S are a dime a dozen here in Scottsdale. The attention I've witnessed your NFGT get at some of the biggest (quality) car shows and events in the country is immeasurable. Even my 2 year old daughter picks out Chip's GT as her favorite :wink And your NFGT is still the only one I've seen in the wild.

Well my 06 GT gets more attention than most all Ferrari’s except my buddy’s F40 . Funny how the thread ended up talking about Ferrari’s and not Lap times and the ZR1

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I didnt click on this thread for days because the story was old news. But today I had to see what these 8 pages were about. I think only the first page was about a ZR1.

And no contest, the NFGT is better than the Ferrari in every way. Where is that comparison picture of the cheap plastic belly pans of Ferrari compared to the carbon fiber jewelry of the NFGT? Pure artwork.

Look at how much media attention the 05/06 cars still get. Watching the Velocity channel on Sunday morning and back-to-back commercials featuring the GT. How many Ferrari 360s do you see in commercials these days?. The NFGT is special and you'll be seeing it for years and years. There will be some new go fast Ferrari released every few of years. Yawn.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
"I like to ensure people are open and transparent about their opinion on the car so they don't accidentally fall on their keyboard, apply for one and somehow get it over an individual with a more sincere desire for the car. People are aware of how closely this particular site is monitored and some subsequently tailor their opinions to the perceived audience vs. what they say elsewhere.."

And then I re read this again. Sorry this was a douche bag statement. Nothing but a veiled threat to me ever getting a NFGT. I will buy mine from another owner one day. No problemo. Or.....do you control this too oh Grand Master of the New Ford GT Poo - Bah?

By the way YOU compare the two interiors of the cars and tell me which looks best.:

The second paragraph here is exactly why I am very glad Ford choose the process of who and who doesn't get a allocation for the NFGT.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Gentlemen,

The Speciale is a good looking car. Until you park it next to my yellow NFGT at any car show. Then the Speciale looks like a Beetle with it’s big tall greenhouse, goofy front headlights, and rediculous outside rear view mirrors. When my GT is parked next to a 458, 488, or Speciale the crowd reaction says it all. Compared to the GT all three of those cars look a bit homely.

And as far as buying one on the open market in a couple years you will certainly have that opportunity. And I doubt it will cost you the 2.5 million that Ron’s car sold for at B-J Scottsdale. But I predict you’ll still have to sell that Speciale plus 3 or 4 more just like it to pay the million+ dollars a used NFGT will set you back.

Chip

UGG!! I sure hope you are a little wrong about that. Hoping for next allocation, but if not chosen, I sure hope they do something like the CGT. I know some collectors will come in first and pay top dollar just to sit them in their showroom, but hopefully some of the guys who want the newest hottest toy on the market will get rid of theirs.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
UGG!! I sure hope you are a little wrong about that. Hoping for next allocation, but if not chosen, I sure hope they do something like the CGT. I know some collectors will come in first and pay top dollar just to sit them in their showroom, but hopefully some of the guys who want the newest hottest toy on the market will get rid of theirs.

I think the allocation process Ford used for NFGT will keep the secondary market very limited for quite some time. There will be a few available from buyers looking for a nice profit or other various reasons but for the majority of buyers these will never be sold in their lifetime.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I like Ferrari's and Corvette's ..... especially when the come in second.

Vince H

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Didn‘t see that one coming :lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think the allocation process Ford used for NFGT will keep the secondary market very limited for quite some time. There will be a few available from buyers looking for a nice profit or other various reasons but for the majority of buyers these will never be sold in their lifetime.

Good point.