Dec 17, 2011

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I like Ferrari's and Corvette's ..... especially when the come in second.

Vince H

+1 :thumbsup

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Getting back to topic kinda anyway. Why do you think so many 05/06 Gt’s have been modified by members on this site ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Getting back to topic kinda anyway. Why do you think so many 05/06 Gt’s have been modified by members on this site?

Mods are fun and there is a bunch of headroom in the 5.4. The 3.5 is a maxed out race engine.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Mods are fun and there is a bunch of headroom in the 5.4. The 3.5 is a maxed out race engine.

So let’s ask some real tuners on this site here if the NFGT would gain from adding these minor mods like

1. Race gas and more timing
2. More boost and race gas
3 . Bigger turbos race gas
4.E90 tune
?

The FGT would have never won the mile record stock and because of all the hype and the spotlight for years about the older FGT ford might have not built the new one. The tuners and mods kept the FGT young and fresh and in the spotlight on the internet. YouTube and other sites love the FGT because of these mods even with the older timeless body. I say keep up the good work guys carry on .

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
So let’s ask some real tuners on this site here if the NFGT would gain from adding these minor mods like

1. Race gas and more timing
2. More boost and race gas
3 . Bigger turbos race gas
4.E90 tune
?

The FGT would have never won the mile record stock and because of all the hype and the spotlight for years about the older FGT ford might have not built the new one. The tuners and mods kept the FGT young and fresh and in the spotlight on the internet. YouTube and other sites love the FGT because of these mods even with the older timeless body. I say keep up the good work guys carry on .

I’m not quite sure what your post means, but no one is going to tell you the NFGT 3.5 can be modded like the GT 5.4. There is no “eco” in the NFGT 3.5 because it’s in a high state of tune from the factory. Don’t get me wrong, the 2005-2006 GT is an absolutely epic car, but it’s not a race car. It was made for an entirely different purpose.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I’m not quite sure what your post means, but no one is going to tell you the NFGT 3.5 can be modded like the GT 5.4. There is no “eco” in the NFGT 3.5 because it’s in a high state of tune from the factory. Don’t get me wrong, the 2005-2006 GT is an absolutely epic car, but it’s not a race car. It was made for an entirely different purpose.

So your saying there is no gains ever to be made on the NFGT because ford has it at the ragged edge . That cool I guess . I did not know this . Do they offer a race fuel tune ? If not I wonder why ? Maybe a real tuner could explain .

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
So your saying there is no gains ever to be made on the NFGT because ford has it at the ragged edge . That cool I guess . I did not know this . Do they offer a race fuel tune ? If not I wonder why ? Maybe a real tuner could explain .

It’s not that there are no gains to be had, the NFGT 3.5 just won’t be as mod friendly as the GT 5.4.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The transmission in the new GT is probably 50-70k.. it's 90 in the Ferrari. So I bet it's close and modifying the car to risk breaking it would take some balls. Also idk if the new gt has both port and direct injection so if it is just direct injection putting e85 in it would maybe be tough todo. Then I don't think the motor is really designed for big power or Rpms. Its not a very high Revving v6. The amount of people that are gonna want to mod these would be a very very small percentage. Like one out of every 200 cars maybe imo

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
The transmission in the new GT is probably 50-70k.. it's 90 in the Ferrari. So I bet it's close and modifying the car to risk breaking it would take some balls. Also idk if the new gt has both port and direct injection so if it is just direct injection putting e85 in it would maybe be tough todo. Then I don't think the motor is really designed for big power or Rpms. Its not a very high Revving v6. The amount of people that are gonna want to mod these would be a very very small percentage. Like one out of every 200 cars maybe imo

Thanks Dan . It is just so easy on a boosted car to make gains . You and I know this first hand. How much boost do the NFGT’s run stock? They must have a race gas tune at least don’t they ?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The race cars are so restricted in power output that they can probably run 87 Octane! :facepalm:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks Dan . It is just so easy on a boosted car to make gains . You and I know this first hand. How much boost do the NFGT’s run stock? They must have a race gas tune at least don’t they ?

no clue on the boost. probably 16-19lbs. I would imagine they do not have a race gas tune nor has ford designed one for the road going car. 99.98% of the guys who own these cars are never gonna modify them or look for more power like they did with the 2005-6. Expensive transmission. super limited production car being built by a contractor. Lots of reasons. The car isn't a drag car, nor a roll race car and was produced for one purpose. that being going through turns FAST. It makes 550ish whp and a select few amount of people will ever mod them.. To make the car even remotely quick straight line wise it would have to make 800+whp. Personally modding one would be the last thing i would do if i got the chance to own one. I'd just be happy to be able to own and drive it. I have a hi hp GT that i can drive.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
That's what the Vette is, a true Bang for the mighty Buck!