ZR1 faster lap then NFGT

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Wrong car for you my man. Not a good car for street racing/modding.

Yes I grew up with modding cars / street racing / Drag racing. The fun was havinh a group of ford cars that dominated the street and track. We improved what the manufacture could not do because these were street cars. I bought my 06 GT because it was everything I loved and lived for 15 yrs racing boosted fords. You all love the NFGT because of your passon and past racing memory’s or your history with lemans.

I love the 05 06 GT because of other reasons that’s all. That’s why I like what Dodge and Chevrolet and Tesla are doing. Not a dig on the NFGT rather than a WOW that’s cool . Get it ?

This year I will be racing My GT at the track In a modified street tire class against ZR1s and I plan on giving them spanking.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Get ‘em!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No surprises here, there will ALWAYS be faster, bigger, better. Start chasing that dragon and you'll be full of regret with your purchase every time the next big thing comes down the pipe. At some point, you just gotta decide what you are after and enjoy it for what it is. Wish I would learn to follow my own advice...

Me too. I get sucked in every time.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
What's uncalled for about it?

TS has a...colorful history.

I will say that here AND on Ferrari Chat you seem to have a chip on your should about the new FGT. Just an observation.

And by the way I would LOVE to add a NFGT to my current Speciale and 06 FGT...

Last edited:

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
So true, you cannot compare lap times from different days with different drivers one going for a record the other just making a test lap. Which car would any of you rather have, a hopped up front engined Corvette or or a rare work of art?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will say that here AND on Ferrari Chat you seem to have a chip on your should about the new FGT. Just an observation.

And by the way I would LOVE to add a NFGT to my current Speciale and 06 FGT...

Would you? I read a lot. Carefully.

I like to ensure people are open and transparent about their opinion on the car so they don't accidentally fall on their keyboard, apply for one and somehow get it over an individual with a more sincere desire for the car. People are aware of how closely this particular site is monitored and some subsequently tailor their opinions to the perceived audience vs. what they say elsewhere. It's a unique situation.

dmark1 said:
Can't wait to see the GT's real world performance. My bet is a car that has no better numbers than the current 488. Performance talks and BS walks.

I saw the car at Oshkosh last year during AirVenture 2015. Got up close and looked it over.

Meh. 2005 Ford GT combined with a Lambo Aventador. I certainly hope they updated the interior as well.

As a long time owner of two Ford Gt's it got a rating of 5 on a 1 - 10 scale. Again, blah.

dmark1 said:
Not in a million years. The Speciale is prettier IMO. And NO comparison interior wise.

dmark1 said:
It does. And the Ford GT hasn't proven anything yet. Lots of talk, no real world tests yet.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Ouch. Facts are stubborn

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Damn! That's like a history of tweets for every occasion.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Damn, I just hate having my pants pulled down in public.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

I like to ensure people are open and transparent about their opinion on the car so they don't accidentally fall on their keyboard, apply for one and somehow get it over an individual with a more sincere desire for the car. People are aware of how closely this particular site is monitored and some subsequently tailor their opinions to the perceived audience vs. what they say elsewhere. It's a unique situation.

You must have a lot of time on your hands LOL.. and I by the way stand by my belief that the Speciale is far prettier inside and out than the new Ford GT. I have seen several now in the flesh. No contest in my opinion (AS I SAID BEFORE OR CAN YOU NOT INTERPRET?).

All of this certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't like to own one,,, and I will. Trust me somebody will sell in a few years. I can wait. And I certainly am not going to go begging Ford with some sophomoric essay about how I would love to own one and take it to bed with me if they would just sell me one, pretty please pretty please pretty please.

That entire episode turned me off. But.... to each his own. As to performance as you can see from this thread there are already cars out there beating the NFGT... so what? Hell I will challenge the NFGT on a 1/4 mile run with a Tesla P180D in ludicrous mode. Wanna drag? What the hell would that prove anyway?

Sorry I disturbed your chip. Carry on! :)

Last edited:

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011

I am confused can we really say things that will not effect an outcome of getting a NFGT? sounds like the opposite and because I used to street race or would like to Modify my own car that would disqualify me? Just saying.. and I know you are attacking the other guy who I do not even know so is he off the list now behind the scene ? kind of sounds like that with this. I read a lot. Carefully. comment.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
"I like to ensure people are open and transparent about their opinion on the car so they don't accidentally fall on their keyboard, apply for one and somehow get it over an individual with a more sincere desire for the car. People are aware of how closely this particular site is monitored and some subsequently tailor their opinions to the perceived audience vs. what they say elsewhere.."

And then I re read this again. Sorry this was a douche bag statement. Nothing but a veiled threat to me ever getting a NFGT. I will buy mine from another owner one day. No problemo. Or.....do you control this too oh Grand Master of the New Ford GT Poo - Bah?

By the way YOU compare the two interiors of the cars and tell me which looks best.:

Attachments

• Ferrari-458_Speciale-2014-1600-26.jpg
    Ferrari-458_Speciale-2014-1600-26.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 351
  • ford-gt_100496777_h.jpg
    ford-gt_100496777_h.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 336

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
NFGT interior looks better. That was easy. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
"I like to ensure people are open and transparent about their opinion on the car so they don't accidentally fall on their keyboard, apply for one and somehow get it over an individual with a more sincere desire for the car. People are aware of how closely this particular site is monitored and some subsequently tailor their opinions to the perceived audience vs. what they say elsewhere.."

And then I re read this again. Sorry this was a douche bag statement. Nothing but a veiled threat to me ever getting a NFGT. I will buy mine from another owner one day. No problemo. Or.....do you control this too oh Grand Master of the New Ford GT Poo - Bah?

It's not a veiled threat. At all.

If you want to try and spend $500k on a car that you've described as "meh" "blah" and a "5 out of 10," then by all means, go for it. Personally, I find the position of both describing a car in the above terms and then expressing that you would "LOVE" to own it totally incongruous.

"This car blows, but believe me, one day I WILL own it, and there's nothing you can do to stop me." Alright man, you win. :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It's not a veiled threat. At all.

If you want to try and spend $500k on a car that you've described as "meh" "blah" and a "5 out of 10," then by all means, go for it. Personally, I find the position of both describing a car in the above terms and then expressing that you would "LOVE" to own it totally incongruous.

"This car blows, but believe me, one day I WILL own it, and there's nothing you can do to stop me." Alright man, you win. :lol

Well put Dave.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
NFGT interior looks better. That was easy. :lol

agree! but most of us are looking at the entire package... the out of the box styling. The NFGT is a work of art. The Ferrari will look like a camero in a few years.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Makes perfect sense: piss all over a car, compare it unfavorably to a current car you own and then buy it way over sticker at an undetermined time from an undetermined seller. The perfect plan.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

By the way YOU compare the two interiors of the cars and tell me which looks best.:

Agree that 488 looks pretty "pimp" for sure but I do prefer what Ford is providing.

Attachments

• 3369.jpg
    3369.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 326

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Dave....Will I ever get on the list ? I love this car I tell all my Viper Friends about it yet I never seem to know when the next round of FGT's are available
to send in my Video...When is the next round ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't know when the next round of applications will be. Probably sometime later this year. I'm sure it will be well publicized when Ford decides to do it.