Gen 2 Ahlman Engineering Ohlins

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
AND to further elaborate the comments above, which I very much agree with, the Ohlins are a serviceable shock! They can be rebuilt! OEM can not.

Reactions: JWZ and sahlman

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
AND to further elaborate the comments above, which I very much agree with, the Ohlins are a serviceable shock! They can be rebuilt! OEM can not.

A while ago, I had mine sent in for Inspection/servcing, with about 30k miles on them. Nothing needed as they were still like "new".

Reactions: sahlman

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thank you for the strong endorsements guys. I really have enjoyed doing these for the FGT. We are just finishing another set someone for his second GT. He already had our coil-overs on the first one.

Reactions: Ed Sims and JWZ

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Thank you for the strong endorsements guys. I really have enjoyed doing these for the FGT. We are just finishing another set someone for his second GT. He already had our coil-overs on the first one.
These coil overs are a really fine product! I was looking to replace the original coil overs in my 05 last Spring when I noticed a noise coming from the front right of the car. After reading the strong endorsements on our Forum, I contacted Scott to discuss which version would best suit my needs (Scott offers 2 and 4 way adjustable versions). We decided that the 2 way adjustable would probably do the trick. Mike Hocking at Polito Ford installed them for me and dialled them in.
What a noticeable difference! My 05 has over 20,000 miles on her. Steering response quickened and felt more precise. Turn in is immediate. I never had any complaint with the original suspension (other than it was worn out)....but the Ohlins are noticeably better.
Middle of last summer I acquired a second GT. Stock suspension, 1500 miles. Now I was in a position to directly compare stock to Scott!
One of my favourite local roads for a quick blast after work is called the Forks of the Credit. At one point, running westbound, you come to a quick “S“. Left into the “S”, you encounter a dip on the right side. This “feature” unsettles the stock suspension. The front right tire follows downward and then rebounds and unweights the front right side.
Doesn’t happen with the Ahlman’s. Even on a GT with mileage! Superb! Quick response! Great control! Confidence inspiring!
I ran this “test” many times last summer, back to back, same result. I really like these Ohlins!
Comfort? Probably depends on the adjustment.... but they ARE adjustable and the stock units are not. I find the settings we are using to be perfect- perfect enough to spend the better part of 12-14 hours straight in the car running home from Tail of the Dragon after Petit Lemans! Tail of the Dragon...did I mention how well the GT carves with these Ohlins?!!!
So, to sum up:
- very elegant engineering
- adjustable
- rebuildable
- excellent control and comfort
I am a fan! Which is why I am equipping the 06 with a set of the Ahlman 2 way adjustable this summer! Thank you Scott for a fine product:)

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
You are most welcome, David. Thank you for such great feedback. I am glad you have gotten to experience the difference and are enjoying them. Your second set is close to being ready for shipping :)

Reactions: Ed Sims and DG1

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
THEY ARE EPIC!

Reactions: Ed Sims and sahlman