Gen 2 Ahlman Engineering Ohlins

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Scott
Can you come over and take them out too please?
Ive already been begging Specracer!
BTW I agree with Vince.Best upgrade you can do on a GT!

During the faux Hurricane Rally in Georgia last month my GT was carving the switch-backs extremely well. Again love my Gen 2s and a must upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I went with a new set over the summer. They really transformed the car. I love them.

Great to hear!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Your advise is appreciated. Does would I know if my existing set of dampers/shocks should be replaced? I don't see any visible leakage, and although I haven't tracked my GT for the last ~3 years, the ride and going around back road corners don't seem to be suffering or deteriorated. When my oem set needs replacing, Scott's product is what I plan on using, but how do I know when? thx!

Ed

The OE's should have about 50,000 miles of life or 10 years. The sitting that most of these cars do are hard on the seals, which get torn when they finally move again due to lack of lubrication. However, if you don't see leakage then the seals should be OK. If the car feels subjectively the same as ever then they are likely OK. The only way to know for sure is removing them and having them shock dyno tested to see how much they have degraded.

If it feels good then I would leave it until you feel degradation or see leakage.

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Scott
Can you come over and take them out too please?
Ive already been begging Specracer!
BTW I agree with Vince.Best upgrade you can do on a GT!

LOL Can't quite make it your way to remove them, Ron! Thank you for the endorsement.

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
During the faux Hurricane Rally in Georgia last month my GT was carving the switch-backs extremely well. Again love my Gen 2s and a must upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback and endorsement!

Scott

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm a GEN 2 owner, too. Great service, great product. Thanks, Scott.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I'm a GEN 2 owner, too. Great service, great product. Thanks, Scott.

Great to hear, Howard! Thank you for the feedback and endorsement!

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Scott
I am in West Bend Wi. will have my car 06 GTX1 backup in May. I do have a leak on right rear 14600 miles on it. . Do you have a shop that can put a set of GEN 2 on?
I will have my NGT by then I hope but the 06 will never leave me. So need to keep it in great Shape,
Thanks

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Scott
I am in West Bend Wi. will have my car 06 GTX1 backup in May. I do have a leak on right rear 14600 miles on it. . Do you have a shop that can put a set of GEN 2 on?
I will have my NGT by then I hope but the 06 will never leave me. So need to keep it in great Shape,
Thanks

Hello Cedarstang,

Sounds great! I am checking with a friend that owns a shop that does older Porsche 911's, 356's, Original Shelby Cobras and such to make sure he could get us in. Should know by tomorrow. If he can't there are two other Porsche shops here that should be able to do it. But I do not know them as well. Thank you for your inquiry and patience.

Scott

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Scott will be waiting to hear from you.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thanks Scott will be waiting to hear from you.

I am sorry for the big delay. I have a shop here, Bach Racecraft that can do it. We just have to schedule with him. Please call me at 608-333-7581 when ready to schedule.

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Bach Racecraft is my good friend's place I was referring to above...

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks will do when I get back to Wisconsin

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My shocks are in the hands of the MASTER, for the upgrade! Way to go Scott for making this happen! Hard to believe they could be any better!

For any newbie 05-06 people, these shocks are a huge upgrade, even for normal street use. Long term, they are also serviceable item (OEM Multimatic shocks are not serviceable).

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
THE SHOCKS ARE AMAZING PERIOD! Best upgrade you can do!!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
My shocks are in the hands of the MASTER, for the upgrade! Way to go Scott for making this happen! Hard to believe they could be any better!

For any newbie 05-06 people, these shocks are a huge upgrade, even for normal street use. Long term, they are also serviceable item (OEM Multimatic shocks are not serviceable).
Thank you for the endorsement, Andy. Glad to do it!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
THE SHOCKS ARE AMAZING PERIOD! Best upgrade you can do!!
Thank you, Ron!

Reactions: roketman

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hey All,

I just wanted to let you know we are still selling and supporting this second generation of our Ford GT coilover kits for the '05-'06 Ford GT as well as free upgrades for those with our Gen 1 setup. Another set just sold to a forum member for his '05 Ford GT since he already had them on his '06 FGT. Email me at sahlman@ahlmaneng.com with inquiries, questions or orders. You can also visit www.AhlmanPerformance.com for more information.

Reactions: Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good stuff there!!!

Reactions: sahlman and Vince H

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We have installed several sets of these for owners - and likely no upgrade gives us more pleasure. The quality of the "look" and the performance is out of this world. I agree, one of the very best upgrades that you can do and one that everyone should be thinking about more seriously as the OEM shocks are aging and we're seeing more and more starting to leak. These aren't just shocks that happen to fit a GT - but a shock package that has been painstakingly tuned for a GT by a suspension legend. Here's hoping that we have the opportunity to install many more of these!

Reactions: sahlman and Vince H