Newbie - J040

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
As a career pilot, (chime in Chip) I can assure you that no matter what you fly, you get used to the whirring, clicking and...fluid moving???? When one of those stop you notice it and automatically know something is amiss........Mike

Gentlemen,

This is so true. Often my passengers listen to music while I fly. But I don't because it makes me nervous. I'm always listening and feeling what is going on. When I'm out over open water well beyond gliding distance to land my senses seem to be magnified 10 times and I hear and feel every little tick that might indicate a problem that could result in a ditching. Listening to the symphony of mechanical sounds in my new GT is a pleasure. I have never used the radio. And if something quits in the GT it's not gonna hurt me!!

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’m really glad to hear all of this. I dislike the “refinement” of most modern sports cars.

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016
I'm a little surprised that the comp car doesn't come standard with the anchors for the 6 point harness's.

You may have pointed out an oversight; I believe the comp cars come with the anchors standard and are not an option. As noted in another thread, my car has the anchors and I don't recall it being a choice once I committed to the comp package. That said, I haven't checked my build sheet or window sticker before posting this. But yeah, I think you are thinking correct and all comp cars have them.

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
You may have pointed out an oversight; I believe the comp cars come with the anchors standard and are not an option. As noted in another thread, my car has the anchors and I don't recall it being a choice once I committed to the comp package. That said, I haven't checked my build sheet or window sticker before posting this. But yeah, I think you are thinking correct and all comp cars have them.

I had to pay (one of the only options on my car) for my seat belt anchors

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016
Then I would say my recollection is poor and that it indeed is (and was) an option. Thank you!

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
Just need the weather to cooperate now.....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 305

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very cool plate.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Just need the weather to cooperate now.....

GR8PL8!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Outstanding license plate!!

Chip

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
FoMoCo - what part of AZ are you in? I would love to see your comp car at some point if you are local.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool Svenny!

Ed

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016
FoMoCo - what part of AZ are you in? I would love to see your comp car at some point if you are local.

I’m in Phoenix. Sounds good. Preferably before the summer! ;)