FGT Insurance

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Hello all!

I just purchased my first GT.

2005 Quicksilver (to be located in Texas)

I have learned a lot on this forum and found much of the information very valuable. As a result, I wanted to start SHARING some information that I feel you all will find of interest and maybe helpful!

I just insured my car at a $300,000 agreed value with coverage of 100/300 limits, 1000 deduct and with a parts allowance for $1768 per year with Berkley Classics, 800-603-3330.

My Backdraft Cobra with the same coverage ($75,000 agreed value) was an an additional $328 per year.

My first stop is to see Rich Brooks! New shoes, all fluids with a few goodies...

Thanks all!!

Iconic GT

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
That is an awesome rate. I contacted my insurance company this past week and they need an appraisal, no one in my area can offer one....Maybe
Rich can do an appraisal when I take my ride up to Detroit for some massaging.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What is the annual mileage limit?

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
We discussed 3000 but my dec page doesn’t mention any mileage. I have been with company 2 years and they never asked me to submit any mileage annually. When all the docs arrive I will update! Xcentric love your video/s!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
That is an awesome rate. I contacted my insurance company this past week and they need an appraisal, no one in my area can offer one....Maybe
Rich can do an appraisal when I take my ride up to Detroit for some massaging.

My company also asked for an appraisal after I tweaked the agreed value on mine. I told them to just go on the internet to check prices because I wasn’t going to spring for an appraisal. Couple of days later they came back and said “we’re good.”

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I still have to say that Classic Auto Insurance is the best. The rates are great but the best part is Drew always supports us & the forum in many ways. Berkeley Classics, Hagerty, etc don't do anything for us. I highly recommend if you are a forum member to support Drew & Classic Auto Insurance.

Ed

PS I wasn't paid or coerced to say this but maybe it'll get me a free beer at the next Rally! LOL!

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Ditto

"I still have to say that Classic Auto Insurance is the best. The rates are great but the best part is Drew always supports us & the forum in many ways. Berkeley Classics, Hagerty, etc don't do anything for us. I highly recommend if you are a forum member to support Drew & Classic Auto Insurance.

Ed"

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I still have to say that Classic Auto Insurance is the best. The rates are great but the best part is Drew always supports us & the forum in many ways. Berkeley Classics, Hagerty, etc don't do anything for us. I highly recommend if you are a Forum member to support Drew & Classic Auto Insurance.

+1 on the above but for a differen't reason. I've seen Drew & Classic Auto Insurance perform when the excrement hits the oscillator in tough situations involving a couple of our members and Classic knocked themselves out to perform to the benefit of our members when they certainly didn't have to. Drew understands these cars and our insurance needs. That's worth a lot when something goes wrong. Cheers.

Chip

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yep, I’m often at the last minute trying to buy a car and need insurance certification, or need Info for umbrella policies etc. Or, more often than not, just have dumb questions.

Typically, Drew’s response time is in seconds. I put a “ premium “ on customer service.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Guys

I am NEW and tried to share some good rates. I TOO like GREAT service and attention to detail.

I will say that with the savings I had on BOTH cars, I added another 2 MILLION dollars to my Umbrella policy!

Some of my BEST friends are Insurance agents. They simply cant meet some of the commercial rates for my businesses, exotic and collector cars.... as a result I shop around... but they do have other portions of my homes and or personal cars.....

I actually called Drew first!

Cheers!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
In case of damage to your car would your insurance company allow the work to be performed by the GT GUY Rich in Michigan? Drew said they would build/fold that into the estimate and allow it to be repaired Rich.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
That’s a good question!

Kinda like a pre-nump.

Given the fact that these cars are very special and ALL the service records for the car reflect GT GUYS along with their long pedigree history, I really don’t think it will be a problem. The previous owner used Rich and I too will be using Rich.

I really don’t feel that a 1500/3000 transportation bill would be an issue. They too have to protect their investment. Otherwise, a road trip just might be in my future! I am making this trip after picking up the car from purchase so my GPS will have Rich’s shop stored in it!

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
In case of damage to your car would your insurance company allow the work to be performed by the GT GUY Rich in Michigan?

No. They'd require him to take it to Lufkin.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Oh hell no!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
No. They'd require him to take it to Lufkin.

:lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
DREW !!!
CLASSIC AUTO!!!!!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Drew

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
If one is purely driven by the dollar then there are insurance companies for you. Sometimes there can't be a price placed on loyalty & friendship. Classic Auto Insurance is not as important to me as is the person we know as Drew. He is the one who supports us & is there for us when something bad happens (or if something good happens such as in 2019 when I get my NGT).

Ed

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I had an accident and Drew came through for me.

Joe

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If one is purely driven by the dollar then there are insurance companies for you. Sometimes there can't be a price placed on loyalty & friendship. Classic Auto Insurance is not as important to me as is the person we know as Drew. He is the one who supports us & is there for us when something bad happens (or if something good happens such as in 2019 when I get my NGT).

Ed

Putting a face with a product or service goes a long way. Drew is one righteous dude. I've had a boatload of cars insured with him. Sell a car...deleted without headaches. Buy a car.... added, agreed value, with a few pics, VIN #, and an odo reading. Painless, fair pricing. First call I make when the NFGT arrives is Drew.