Runway Racing Event Saturday April 7th, 2018 Mojave California

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Well the next Runway Racing event is scheduled for Saturday April 7, 2018 at Mojave Air and Space Port. Deadline to sign up is March 10th.

You can check out the event and register here https://www.runwayracingllc.com/

Here is a vid link to give you an idea of what big speed looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyjAjQdTnQ

This is the best venue for being able to get your GT new or old to that magical 200mph run. More Ford GT owners have joined the 200mph club at this venue than anywhere in the world. If you have never run your car at full throttle for 1.5 mile you don't know what you are missing. If you have any questions feel free to post here or contact the race director through the website. Field is limited to a max of 25 entries so you will run all day long with minimal to no waiting. You will tire out before your car does.

We have three speed traps so not only do you get your top speed at the 1.5 mile line you also get your speed at the 1/2 mile and 1 mile lines as well. Hope to see you there!! :cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 20170923_081114.jpg
    20170923_081114.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 20170923_1433271.jpg
    20170923_1433271.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 200

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
This is a great event and very well run. Highly recommended!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
This is a great event and very well run. Highly recommended!

Thanks Mike!! We are lucky to have access to a unique venue that allows us some top speed fun!! Still impressed by the 222+ your new GT ran at the last event. I really think your car has 230+ potential. :thumbsup

I saw your post about Kennedy but did not get a chance to read it yet. Military bases/canaveral type places can be had but it is hard and usually has to be a very small group. You almost have to “know” somebody to get the conversation started. We tried to get vandenberg and I had a contact there but with all the rocket stuff going on they just couldn’t get clearance for it. And that runway is hardly used at all anymore.

I was always I intrigued by Edwards Air Force base. Closer to home. Six mile plus long runway......although realistically you couldn’t go more than two miles for a top speed run in our cars. They have let a few individuals try brief 1-2 run land speed record stuff but again as an active base it is very hard to get clearance for a decent sized group of people. We just need a private 5 mile strip to be built somewhere right? :wink

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks Mike!! We are lucky to have access to a unique venue that allows us some top speed fun!! Still impressed by the 222+ your new GT ran at the last event. I really think your car has 230+ potential. :thumbsup

I saw your post about Kennedy but did not get a chance to read it yet. Military bases/canaveral type places can be had but it is hard and usually has to be a very small group. You almost have to “know” somebody to get the conversation started. We tried to get vandenberg and I had a contact there but with all the rocket stuff going on they just couldn’t get clearance for it. And that runway is hardly used at all anymore.

I was always I intrigued by Edwards Air Force base. Closer to home. Six mile plus long runway......although realistically you couldn’t go more than two miles for a top speed run in our cars. They have let a few individuals try brief 1-2 run land speed record stuff but again as an active base it is very hard to get clearance for a decent sized group of people. We just need a private 5 mile strip to be built somewhere right? :wink

Tom,

I got 230 at Kennedy, pulling 5th. Next time, its time to turn the boost up and go for 240 in Sixth...I would love to try Edwards, but like you said, that seems like a long shot. Kennedy is great, but its on the other side of Narnia for us Westerners...

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
WOW!!! Congrats on 230 and Kennedy!! :party:party I need to read that thread when I get back to Vegas!!

Be glad to see you get 240!! :thumbsup

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I tried to register. Not certain it was correct.

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I tried to register. Not certain it was correct.

PM sent. If you have any other questions just let me know.:cheers