CAR Uncut

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;ntRU4pDF8rM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntRU4pDF8rM[/video]

A particularly interesting tidbit in here...

GT talk starts at the 2:39 mark.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The speed of the production car on the straight was something Stormcat mentioned last year. Spot on Brian:thumbsup
Take away BoP, all bets are off:)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Not many cars like this. Certainly no others I’d ever have a chance at owning.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Every time I see a GT video, This car is Gorgeous!! Does not matter what color!! And to perform as well as it does RARE combination of killer looks and performance!! View from above is incredible!!

Dave or anyone, is there one designer in particular responsible for its design as Camillo was with the 05-06 GT? There was a great video put out by I believe by the Discovery channel on the entire process of production on the 05-06 GT. i hope one will be made on the present GT as well!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The fact that we are even getting to own one is epic!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Every time I see a GT video, This car is Gorgeous!! Does not matter what color!! And to perform as well as it does RARE combination of killer looks and performance!! View from above is incredible!!

Dave or anyone, is there one designer in particular responsible for its design as Camillo was with the 05-06 GT? There was a great video put out by I believe by the Discovery channel on the entire process of production on the 05-06 GT. i hope one will be made on the present GT as well!!

Well, I think these things are always a team effort in design.

I couldn't be 100% giving due credit to everyone involved, but at the day to day level I would say chiefly Chris Svensson, Craig Metros, Todd Willing, Garen Nicoghosian, Bill Mangan. Everyone I've ever spoke to on the team has been pretty adamant that it be credited as a team effort. I think Bill had a lot to do with the 2005/2006 interior as well. All of these guys really live and breathe this car, so I'm lucky that most of them are basically my neighbors :lol

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great , thanks! Looking forward to the next rally in Detroit to meet them and hear all the stories of production!!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I think it was Garen that I spoke to at length at Rally X about the interior design of the NGT. Very impressive guy. Both he and Ford are fortunate to have found one another.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I think it was Garen that I spoke to at length at Rally X about the interior design of the NGT. Very impressive guy. Both he and Ford are fortunate to have found one another.

Garen and Chris are cool dudes for sure.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Discussing the stripes.

IMAG2068.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’m pretty sure Camillo was saying no stripes on this car.