Daytona BoP adjustments

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Adjustments are in. Will be interesting to see how much the aero penalty will affect things.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146836-imsa-sets-bop-tables-for-rolex-24-at-daytona

In GTLM, BMW's new M8 GTE is the only model to lose weight between the Roar and Rolex 24 (-10kg, 1240kg total). Boost increased throughout almost the entire 7000rpm rev range for the BMW's twin-turbo V8 have has also been applied, and the M8 will have an increase in fuel capacity (+6L, 93L total), and will flow fuel faster during pit stops (+3.0mm).

Corvette's C7.R (+1L, 91L total), Ford's GT (+2L, 91L total, and +1.0mm), and Porsche's 911 RSR (-3L, 92L total, -1.0mm) also have capacity or flow changes in store for their cars. Only Ferrari's 488 GTE was left out of fuel-related adjustments.

On the aero front, Corvette will lose top speed with a taller minimum rear wing angle (up from 0deg to 2deg) and Ford has also been hit with the same change (up from 2deg to 5deg).

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Joey qualified the 66 at .019 behind the #3 Vette. Vette needed a tow to get that time but that's racing. Westbrook slotted the 67 into 5th. Go Boys, go Blue!!

Vince H

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I cannot wait to see the BOP adjustments after the race!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Lets take a deep breath and brace for the impact.

Actually better would be to speed everyone else up. There should be more of a speed delta to the GTD cars.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I’m okay with it. We just showed the world the capabilities of this car...again. We know it’s coming. Now it’s up to Ganassi to figure out the next chess move.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
I’m okay with it. We just showed the world the capabilities of this car...again. We know it’s coming. Now it’s up to Ganassi to figure out the next chess move.

Very true,if it were not for BOP today's finish would most likely be repeated on a regular basis. I guess we will be back to the "everyone gets a trophy", except Ford for Sebring?

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Something about a trailer hitch installed on the GT for sebring.