Bridgestone Scuderia now being shipped from Tire Rack.

Jak269

Dec 21, 2017
I'm out of Sioux Falls South Dakota.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
If yours was a blue with white strips and i did pick it up out of Texas. it would be great to get all the paper work for the car. do you have the tuner for the pulley? not sure how these forums work, how do i get you my address? thanks!!

The last 4 of the vin posted in your profile matches the Texas midnight blue

Private message me or post contact info/phone

Thanks.

Jak269

Dec 21, 2017
Ok. need to buy used 1 345/35ZR19 Bridgestone

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Got ur PM. Documents going out today.

Jak269

Dec 21, 2017
thanks for your help

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Two words - Simple Tire

I just placed an order with Simple Tire for a set of RE050A Bridgestones. The front tires (265/40-18) arrived yesterday. They were manufactured in mid-2015 (2615 date code).

Has anybody ever used "new" Bridgestones that were almost three-years old? Should I ship these back to Simple Tire and keep looking for a newer set?

I haven't found a source of recent production "new" Bridgestones. Tire Rack's current stock of 265/40-18 RE050A Bridgestones were made in early 2016.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
In 2014 I bought a set that were date coded for 2014 from Discount Tire, aka America’s Tire. I need to replace them since they are now four years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hmm, the tires I got from Simple Tire were just weeks old, must be the luck of the draw. Many race series will not allow you to go on track with tires older than five years

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hmm, the tires I got from Simple Tire were just weeks old, must be the luck of the draw. Many race series will not allow you to go on track with tires older than five years
When did you order your tires? Were both the front and rears relatively new?

I’m not worried about the tires not being allowed on the track. I’m just concerned that I’m giving up useful life and grip. Simple Tire has stated that they were stored in a climate controlled warehouse, and I shouldn’t experience any loss of performance or tire life.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
If there's an option at all (depending on how desperate you are for the tires)...., I wouldn't buy a set of tires that's 3 years old...
Are Hosiers an option for where you are?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Last time I bought tires from tirerack, they confirmed the date codes and made sure that I was ok with them.

Do they still do that? Saves a lot of hassle.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
When did you order your tires? Were both the front and rears relatively new?

I’m not worried about the tires not being allowed on the track. I’m just concerned that I’m giving up useful life and grip. Simple Tire has stated that they were stored in a climate controlled warehouse, and I shouldn’t experience any loss of performance or tire life.

Bought mine after last year’s rally, rears only. Thr fronts are now seven years old, so if I ever run Big Bend again I’ll need to switch them even though I’ve got tread left.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Last time I bought tires from tirerack, they confirmed the date codes and made sure that I was ok with them.

Do they still do that? Saves a lot of hassle.
Yes, Tire Rack was able to give me an idea of how old their tires are. The 265/40/18 Bridgestones they could send me were made in early 2016. So the best Tire Rack could do for me would be over two-year old front tires.

Are Hosiers an option for where you are?
Hosiers aren't really an option for me. I need a street tire that would allow me to survive if I get caught in the rain.

The Bridgestones currently on my GT are coming up on the 9-year mark. I had them installed just before the NC/VA rally. The rear tires have about as much grip as hockey pucks.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
FYI, the 345/35/19 Bridgestones I ordered from Simple Tire arrived this afternoon. They were manufactured in October of 2016 (4216 date code).

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Bought mine after last year’s rally, rears only. Thr fronts are now seven years old, so if I ever run Big Bend again I’ll need to switch them even though I’ve got tread left.
Obviously, you don't drive it enough! :wink

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Obviously, you don't drive it enough! :wink

On my fifth set of rears, third set of fronts, 48,000 miles. Burnout contests don’t do the rears any good!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We received two sets of the Scuderia rear tires from Tire Rack mid-week. The date code on all 4 tires is 50th week of 2017. Nice!