Carroll Shelby Signature

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Hello

is there any documentation of registery that may reflect how many 05-06 FGT cars Carroll may have signed? If not ok. If so, appreciate any info on this.

Also, what value could this add to any car?

Thanks

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Carroll Shelby signed his name on so many cars (and other objects) that, while cool and all, it really doesn't add any value to the car at all. MAYBE on a car that he was more intimately involved in, such as his CSX Cobras, and his Shelby Series 1. Just my opinion. Certainly there is no registry for such a thing. He would sign your toothbrush for $200.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I don't see why Carroll Shelby's signature would add anything to a GT other than the notoriety of it since he had nothing to do with the build or design with the GT. if it were on mine, I would immediately clean it off. you would get more sole to the car if it had Camiilo or Raj's signature. jmo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not true, while the role may have been somewhat ceremonial, Mr Shelby consulted on the 05-06 GT. The current Shelby company still owns WH-1 that was given to him. Its available for sale, according to Mr Patterson when I asked him last June, for $2m.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/18/pf/autos/shelby/index.htm

I don't see why Carroll Shelby's signature would add anything to a GT other than the notoriety of it since he had nothing to do with the build or design with the GT.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
consulted? oh, OK.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I once had a GT with so many Shelby signatures on it you could barely see the car.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The answer to the original post is that there is no "registry". If Carroll signed a part as part of the Shelby Foundation fundraising then there would be a Certificate Of Authenticity with that part. If it's just a signature that happened while he was out and about then there would be no documentation (but many of us have a photo of that event). Carroll would sign almost anything for the donation to the foundation (it was 300 for as long as I knew). I was at his warehouse where the foundation is housed in Gardena and it was full of stuff. He came in one day a week to sign. You can still send stuff in for an autopen signature.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I once had a GT with so many Shelby signatures on it you could barely see the car.
lol!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
If you sent him a glove box door they sometimes got sent back with signature upside down.
You can’t make that sh!t up.
:)

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Thanks guys..... and to the one comment... The car does have Camiilo 's signature as well.... Good Stuff!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How many 05-06 Ford GT’s were signed on the dash by Carroll Shelby before he passed away? NOTE: Not in the engine compartment or exterior of the GT’s. My 06 was the last one he signed on the passenger side of the Dash and I have the picture of him doing it. He personally told me “ Yours is the last GT I will sign on the dash because i can’t get in these damn things anymore”. Let’s see how many!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
How many 05-06 Ford GT’s were signed on the dash by Carroll Shelby before he passed away? NOTE: Not in the engine compartment or exterior of the GT’s. My 06 was the last one he signed on the passenger side of the Dash and I have the picture of him doing it. He personally told me “ Yours is the last GT I will sign on the dash because i can’t get in these damn things anymore”. Let’s see how many!

Mine is signed on the dash with "Enjoy" above the sig.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

The blue GT.

I considered this car while it was for sale in Arizona before you bought it.

I couldn't get past the signatures.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The blue GT.

I considered this car while it was for sale in Arizona before you bought it.

I couldn't get past the signatures.

Yep Ron Pratte car. Possessed

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I had a 67 Shelby GT350 that I had Mr. Shelby sign. It was at SAAC 1987. The signatures were just starting back then, everyone was asking him to sign the glove box door. When I saw him coming my way, I shook his hand and asked him to sign my HOOD, he said, "The hood?" I said "YES" and he said, "I would love to!" He said that I was the first person ever to ask for the outside of a car to be signed. I wanted it signed because I was proud to own a part of history, not for value. The sad part was that he moved so fast, that he did not give me time to scotch bright the stripe so I could clear it, and if faded away over time.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I had a 67 Shelby GT350 that I had Mr. Shelby sign. It was at SAAC 1987. The signatures were just starting back then, everyone was asking him to sign the glove box door. When I saw him coming my way, I shook his hand and asked him to sign my HOOD, he said, "The hood?" I said "YES" and he said, "I would love to!" He said that I was the first person ever to ask for the outside of a car to be signed. I wanted it signed because I was proud to own a part of history, not for value. The sad part was that he moved so fast, that he did not give me time to scotch bright the stripe so I could clear it, and if faded away over time.

What # was your GT350? I have #875

A '67 GT K-code is a RARE car!

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Thank you on the 67.
1424, sadly I went back to school, 3/4 through I had to make a hard decision, I had to sell it. (I said to my friends, "I'll buy another one, but they shot up and never got one again). Anyway, they have come down now, but I rather have the Ford GT now. Although cannot rule one out again....
Thank you on the 67 comment! I have been thinking of selling to recoup some money from the Ford GT purchase. Hard car to put a value on because not many know of it. Its not perfect but it is nice.
[video]https://youtu.be/3IfHsHoWXks[/video]