December 2017 Passenger Airbag Recall Status

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My letter had been sitting in my mail pile a week or so, so I have no idea when it came. Apparently I should not have driven Gabrielle this past weekend.

Not on only that, but I guess we can't take anyone for a ride till who knows when? Could be years. :rolleyes

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Airbags with Takata inflators can kill you, I'll take the old fashioned seat belt any day, thank you.

That's why you switch it off.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got a letter today that parts for passenger side are available.

recall page 1.jpg

recall page 2.jpg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Me too but don't trust local dealer. I know it's more involved hat drivers side.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im going to remove the interior panels myself prior to going to the dealer. And Im in no rush, as the bag has been "off" basically since day one.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Mine came today also.
I like the idea of removing front panel prior to taking it in for replacement.
I learned how to do that when I replaced bad toggle switches.

OOPS! Well, you get the picture.

Attachments

• 5A111281-C0F2-4731-BCA1-F928A0A7148F.jpg
    5A111281-C0F2-4731-BCA1-F928A0A7148F.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 126

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just received my Recall Notice on the passenger side Airbag on my 2006 Ford GT. Parts are available on this recall and I will be forwarding to her new owner!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I got my letter today as well. Interesting in that Ford replaced the passenger airbag June 14, 2016, and now they are doing it again. I guess the recall has a recall.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

When I had my drivers side airbag replaced the technician came up to the service drive so my GT didn’t have to be driven by anybody but me. He replaced it while I watched in less than 5 minutes and I was on my way. A great service experience.

Chip

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Gentlemen,

When I had my drivers side airbag replaced the technician came up to the service drive so my GT didn’t have to be driven by anybody but me. He replaced it while I watched in less than 5 minutes and I was on my way. A great service experience.

Chip

Wow, that's very encouraging!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Got the notice as well. Will watch tech perform the change. Have a scuff on the panel from the first go round!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Can some document the procedure? I’d like to see it done before I bring my car in. I know my dealer hasn’t worked on a GT since the last time I brought mine in... and I wasn’t all that impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Just called the dealer and was told THERE ARE NO PARTS AVAILABLE for this recall. They said i can bring the car in and get a RENTAL until parts are available. WTF??!! Anyone have any idea what is going on?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My dealer says no passenger side parts too. The Ford recall site still shows this as "remedy not available". It showed the driver side fix available when I checked after the last letter. I wonder if this is a false alarm?

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Just called the dealer and was told THERE ARE NO PARTS AVAILABLE for this recall. They said i can bring the car in and get a RENTAL until parts are available. WTF??!! Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I got the same story from the local dealer. They didn't seem interested in investigating the acquisition of the parts. Called Ford customer service at the number on the back of the notice. Ford gave me a Case Number that they said they will send to the local dealer explaining how the dealer should order the parts. I gave case number to the dealer which goes to the manager for resolution. We'll see where this goes.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Gentlemen,

Chip
Driver side is easy. Passenger side, not so much.

Yes, I got my notice too. Haven't contacted the local dealer yet.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal

I honestly think staff manning the parts desk at some dealerships just don’t know what’s going on with GTs. No clue at all. Plus, many have a crappy attitude and don’t want to bother spending time trying to figure it out. So if last they knew about the situation was not parts available, that’s what they blurt out.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I visited my local dealership yesterday and spoke with the service manager regarding the recall. He pulled up the email from Ford and it said the parts were to be starting to be delivered the week of February 5th. No parts yet available.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Ihave a one-inch thick stack of recall notices, dealer never has the parts. Message to Ford - we get it, we need to replace the airbags, but quit sending notices please until you have the parts in stock!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
I went to the dealer here in Scottsdale. The parts (18 units) may be available on 2-18. It is a first come first serve basis and there is no list. Same part for Mustangs. I gave up