May 25, 2013
Gun compartment--Good idea! :thumbsup

+1

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I received my new tweeter today. Thanks NorthwoodGT! Can someone describe the the door panel removal? I haven’t looked at it closely yet, and would like the do’s and dont’s.

If all else fails, the Ford Racing muffler I bought with it will make up for the lost stereo sound! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One tip I could add is that I could not get to the top xmas fasteners with traditional trim tools (I have several kits). I used a long pry bar wrapped in tape, got it to the clip, and twisted. Pulling the 1st panel took an hour. Second was 15 min. Be sure to have some extra xmas fasteners on hand if you need them. I used this, as the angle was helpful.

https://store.snapon.com/Striking-Prybars-Prybar-Striking-18--P884967.aspx

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
One tip I could add is that I could not get to the xmas fasteners with traditional trim tools. I used a long pry bar wrapped in tape, got it to the clip, and twisted. Pulling the 1st panel took an hour. Second was 15 min. Be sure to have some extra xmas fasteners on hand if you need them.

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking... They normally get deformed.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
The hardest part is disconnecting the tweeter from the "module/crossover" at the top middle of the panel(if you have the Mac).

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Get this... Pulled the door panel and the speaker was never connected from the factory! The wire was tucked neatly out of the way. I plugged it in, and voila, it works!!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Oh no! I feel a return in my future! lol

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Oh no! I feel a return in my future! lol

Ha! It’s sitting in my truck!! Look at the bright side: There’s a finite amount of those speakers in the world and we wouldn’t want to waste one! [emoji6]
The exhaust worked out and sounds great! Thanks Scott!